1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured My 48"x18"x24" reef tank

Discussion in 'Large Tanks (101gal+)' started by david.smith60, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Hitnhope

Hitnhope Registered

Many Thanks,

that would help me a great deal! :)))

2. david.smith60

david.smith60 Registered

Hear are some pics to explane and help you understand my pipework.
    [​IMG]
    My feed pump supply to main tank is split and goes out the back of the cabinate on both sides.
    [​IMG]
    It goes up the back. Then hooks over the top bends down into the tank and has a 45 deg fitting on the end angaling the flow to the middle of the tank.
    [​IMG]
    The water then flows over the wier were i have two return pipe like this.
    [​IMG]
    Do not forget to drill a small hole it the top of this system to let air in, but make sure it is above the water line.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see the two drain pipes come out the bottom and feed into the first section of the sump. SPOT THE BIG MISTAKE. You have to put valves in these pipes so that you can controle the water level in the DT. I didnt and for time being i had to silicon plastic in the wier to reduce flow. Hope this helps someone

3. Kev

Kev Registered

Nice one David. useful to see these.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice