1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured My 26" cube

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by baz8681, Dec 16, 2011.

1. PaulM

PaulM New Member Forum Support

AWC's are superb imo :)

2. baz8681

baz8681 Registered

It did work well and was fairly easy. I think I may haw over filled it some how as when I took the in pipe out of the tank it started forcing it out instead of draining into the container.

And male bangai hasn't eaten for a few days and won't close his mouth :).

3. PaulM

Was the pump still on as strange it pushed water out ?

Daddy ?

4. baz8681

baz8681 Registered

No pump wasn't on. So don't know....

And yes, think he may be but not getting hopes up as he is young and possibly first time.

5. Elkaa

Elkaa Registered

mm? you mean it drained back out of the pipe that sucks water into the unit? if so was that pipe out of the tank at the time? and the pipe water leaves the container into the tank left open?

6. baz8681

baz8681 Registered

It was as I lowered it to unit level. I'll have another go in 2 days and see how it goes.

7. Elkaa

Elkaa Registered

So to get this sorted? 1 tube in the tank and one out of the tank? And down by the floor?

If so it sounds like it back siphoned :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

8. baz8681

baz8681 Registered

The tap was closed on the other end though. I am due another change tomorrow so I'll set one up tonight as won't have time tomorrow and see how it goes. The only thing I don't like about the AWC so far is the tap doesn't have a definite stop, you just need to fiddle.

9. Elkaa

Elkaa Registered

Mm sounds abit strange then may pay to have a chat with Gordon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

10. PaulM

If any part of the pipework still has water in it and the pip drops below the top of the unit then it will back syphon as gravity dictates. I simply turn the tap to the closed position and make sure the inlet pipe stays above the lid :)

11. baz8681

baz8681 Registered

Hey! Been a while!

I've added a mandarin, a little boy and a pair of banggai a which are happily breeding. Not successfully reared yet but will extract the egg mass and put in a tumbler next time. The banggai a are eating flake and the mandarin is eating frozen which is great! Coral additions are a bit sparse but I've got a nice big frogspawn from cockfields. I lost a few small colonies and ill try to get as big as I can afford from now on as they seem to be hardier. Gave sps a go and failed but I like lps so in happy with a few easier to look after corals. I've taken the skimmer offline as the v2 wasn't really up to much and can't fit anything else in so ill leave it that way. May try in the future with an external. That's about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice