As promised Scott here's some recent pics of our reef. It's been a long time coming but I finally got around to taking some pics and have also managed to get them online! These were taken a bit ago now, the very end of August, but it's taken me that long to find time to get them on our site. If you want the full history then you can check out older pics and updates on our reef blog. The system details are all on our reef blog site too. Anyhoo, here you go... First the bad stuff – We had quite a problem with our pH about a month or so back, due to us starting to use a calcium reactor and the resulting low pH. During this time we lost our Maxima clam. It started gaping and then was done for within a week. We have since managed to sort out the pH issues. As well as using the calcium reactor we now also dose Kalk with all our topoff water to help maintain an acceptable pH. The pH is still quite low though, it goes from 7.8 to 8.0 from morning till night. Apparently a low pH like this is okay so long as the Alk is maintained at a high level. We’ll see. The other bad news was that we had a trio of Bangaii Cardinals not long after the last update, they looked fine, they were eating and appeared very healthy but they dropped dead one by one over three days. The really bad part was that our Lipstick Tang was infected with whatever had killed the Bangaii’s and he went from a stunning very fat fish to a horrible skeleton within 48 hrs. Needless to say we lost him. That was a big loss as he was a gorgeous fish and very tame. He would come to the side of the tank and give me a kiss. This was actually our own fault as we had the Bangaii’s straight into our tank without quarantine as they looked extremely healthy and were feeding and behaving normally. Lesson learned. Now for the good news. We added an Algae Blenny not long after the last update, to help finish off the hair algae which did finally go. We added a 4 inch Vlamingi Tang to replace the Lipstick Tang that we lost. We have also added a gorgeous pair of Zebra Dartfish, a small Coral Beauty Angelfish and a large group of 9 Yellow-tail Damsels. The latest addition has been a 3.5 inch juvenile Chocolate Tang, which we’ve had for about a week now. Coral wise we’ve also had some new additions. We’ve added quite a few Zoanthids, including a large mixed Zoanthid rock. Sheila finally managed to get a nice hairy mushroom rock (one of her favourite corals). We added a frag of Green Candy Cane and a frag of Hammer Coral. We added a couple more gorgonians, a small Purple Sea Rod frag and a large Purple Sea Plume. We also started on our SPS collection, we added a Horn Coral (Hydnophora exesa) and a small frag of Purple Montipora. The latest SPS coral addition has been one of my favourites, a Pink Birdsnest Coral (Seriatopora hystrix). Here’s a full tank shot for you. You should be able to see there’s a lot of milliput around the rock where the bushy brown gorgonian is. We had an infestation of digitate hydroids that started to grow on the bottom of the gorgonian. We ended up removing the gorgonian and scrubbed the hydroids off it then removed it from the bit of rock it was on and re-attached it to a new piece of rock. We then covered up all the hydroids on the rock in the tank with milliput before putting the gorgonian back. It seems to have worked so far though the gorgonian wasn’t too happy about the whole experience it’s now slowly coming back to it’s former glory. Some more shots of fish/corals. The pic below is to show the Bryopsis that we still haven't got rid of yet, we'll keep trying though.