1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured marinlab - triton water test

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by Tuckersdaughter, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Tuckersdaughter

Tuckersdaughter Registered

This is the marinlab water test
    Screenshot_20170722-190546.jpg Screenshot_20170722-190606.jpg Screenshot_20170722-190618.jpg Screenshot_20170722-190625.jpg Screenshot_20170722-190625.jpg Screenshot_20170722-190630.jpg Screenshot_20170722-190630.jpg

this water test was a marinlab water test can I just say never again will I send off for that water test is was a aqua forest test just due to the lack on costumer service after asking people that worked there about how to translate ugl to ppm I just kept getting told I am not a chemist you have have to ask the lab so I asked for the email for the lab after emailing them 4 times already just to make sure i am emailing the right email address and got no reply
    I then while trying to find out the answers I then spoke to tim Caldwell @triton and wow what I big different in customer service even though he could not comment on the marinlab water test he then arranged for a triton water test to be sent out to me i sent this water test back and got my results back in just 5 days in plane English that everyone can understand pictures off new water test up in a minute

triton 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

although the marinlab test is cheaper good luck trying to find any customer service after you have received your results. so I will not be wasting my money on paying for that test again and will only use triton water test.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  2. Phil077

Phil077 Registered

I Take it This costs a few shilling. lol

3. chippypah

chippypah Registered

Personally, I think people worry too much about the results of these tests.
    If you have a problem in your tank and can not find it, then these tests are good.

4. Tuckersdaughter

I have had a problem for months with my tank losing corals all my corals to the point I have nothing left this is why I sent off for the marinlab lab water test and it came back so high in copper and a and some bits but copper is the main one so I have put in cupasorb before sending off for the triton water test to see if it works and it has in as little as a week as you can see in the results

5. chippypah

chippypah Registered

You need to find out where the copper is coming from, have you checked your pumps.

6. Tuckersdaughter

I have checked everything in my tank even had local fish shop out to double check that I haven't missed anything can't find nothing running some test to try and find out we're and how is his got in my tank

7. Tuckersdaughter

Yep it does but not that bad after thinking about the corals I was losing Big Thumbs Up

8. Tuckersdaughter

Yep it does but not that bad after thinking about the corals I was losing Big Thumbs Up

9. chippypah

chippypah Registered

Difficult one, but you need to find the source.

10. Phil077

Phil077 Registered

You would be surprised what can fall into your tank. :(

11. Tuckersdaughter

I know it does happen but I wish I could just find a rusty old screw sitting in my sump or tank so I would know that I have it out and shorted but nothing so keeping up with water changes and everything else to see if that helps keep stuff down

12. Phil077

Phil077 Registered

Have you tried using a magnet on the surface of your sand bed. old glass cleaner magnet would do.
    Long shot I Know.

13. Tuckersdaughter

Good idea I will try that tonight when I finish work

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

14. hitsmith

hitsmith Registered

I'm afraid copper isn't magnetic, if you've had high levels of copper for a while it will have a permeated into your rock and substrate and will continue to leach for a while. The most likely culprit is either a circulating pump or wave makers. Just an after thought, do you have a hood?, if so it could be something in there that's getting wet with condensation and dripping into the tank.

15. Phil077

Phil077 Registered

Looking for any metals

16. Phil077

Phil077 Registered

Not likely to find a chunk of copper. just something copper based

17. Neil

Neil Registered

also better to screen grabs then taking photos lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice