1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Making An Over Flow For New Tank

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by Sorted7, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Sorted7

Sorted7 Registered

i was wondering if someone give give me a point in the right direction. I have got a small 100ltr Fluval tank tank I want to make into a marine. I don’t want to use a hang on skimmer so am thinking of making some sort of overflow in the corner of the tank and a small sump underneath. The thing is I don’t really want to drill the base of the tank so am wonder what I can do?. I do a lot of plumbing work and can do most thing and I have some black acrylic and would like to make a corner overflow so it’s neat and hidden. Any help and advice would be very greatful.

2. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Have you thought of using an overflow box ?
    it’s not something I’ve ever used and I believe there are good and bad ones so would be worth reading a few reviews of different brands.

3. Marksfish

Marksfish Registered

There used to be a member of many forums called Donkey and he made a good overflow pipe system. Most of the posts seem to have gone from the web though, but there is still a video:

4. Sorted7

Sorted7 Registered

I was considering an overflow box but didn’t really want to. The D.I.Y overflow pipe system is Defo the way I’ll go. That video has really helped. Thanks

5. dj23bol

dj23bol Registered

I've done both on an old tank I started with a custom twin overflow but was almost impossible to get it running perfect then I bought an overflow box which was a 100% improvement and if the power went out when it came back on it would work without needing to be primed again. Lasted for about 7 months and I upgraded to a bigger drilled aquarium

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice