• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Liverpool Museum - Anyone fancy donating some pennies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulTys

Registered
hi ged , just sent £10 ,hope this helps ,would love to come on your trip ,but has i told u the wife had a stroke ,maybe catch up with u in the future ,ps i have a hot box plug into cig lighter if its any good to u ,thanks g
Anyone who has donated but cannot make this meet is more than welcome to get in touch and arrange another time for me to say thanks and show you round the aquarium. Just send me a PM and we can sort something. Thanks again, it really is appreciated.

Funkoid

Registered
Sorry I can't make it, it was announced 2 days after i'd booked my car in for a cam belt change so I'm hanging around waiting for that to be done! Payday tomorrow so will send over a few quid then. Have fun guys :)

PaulTys

Registered
Sorry you won't be able to make it. But that's very much for the donation offer. I'm sure the guys will make sure it is spent well.

PaulTys

Registered
Given the incredible amount of money raised Im going to edit the stock list slightly. Nothing major so dont worry about anything already bought or set aside. Just dont want to end up over stocked and would rather any excess money go on live rock etc.

PaulTys

Registered
I thought you wanted reef bones paul?
Either really. I just didnt want live rock from lots of individuals tanks which could contain all sorts of pests. But buying from a shop will be fine IMO. So reef bones if from individuals, live rock from a shop.

ged@fishnochips

Registered
Either really. I just didnt want live rock from lots of individuals tanks which could contain all sorts of pests. But buying from a shop will be fine IMO. So reef bones if from individuals, live rock from a shop.

OK mate, but you know you would get approx twice the amount if we bought reef bones rather than LR from the shops. ;)

PaulTys

Registered
OK mate, but you know you would get approx twice the amount if we bought reef bones rather than LR from the shops. ;)
Yep, your probably right. You guys no the shops better than I do anyway! Happy to go with bones if you think Id get more bang for your buck!! Ill edit list now!

ged@fishnochips

Registered
Yep, your probably right. You guys no the shops better than I do anyway! Happy to go with bones if you think Id get more bang for your buck!! Ill edit list now!

Lr is about a tennet a kg mate whereas reef bones is half that price

We would not get that much weight wise tbh

So why not get some actual livestock and some lr / reefbones

40 odd kg of lr would not get you looking full if you get what I mean

PaulTys

Registered
Yep thats fine mate. It would take tonnes to fill the tanks, but once mature I want to dot it around on the shelves etc to increase the nooks and crannies and diversity of pods etc. Not really to fill it as you would a hobbyist tank if you see what I mean.

So yeah Ive amended the original post to reef bones.

So yes Livestock aas per the list and any monies left over can go on bones. My guess is the full list of stock wont be available even if the money was so hopefully there will be some money for bones.

ged@fishnochips

Registered
We will do our best mate, maybe some type of legal shoplifting type exercises etc pmsl

You will need some LR so as to seed the reef bones, and don't forget there will still be more money to come in yet, as some people will donate on the day. :)

I know @Burscough Aq has already told me they will discount the livestock anyway to maximise the potential quantity for us, pretty sure Cockfields will do the same. Still not sure if @chris@fishmansfrags has had any orders off here, as he would be the ideal candidate for sourcing the CUC etc, and I can call there on the way from Cockfields to Burscough.

PaulTys

Registered
Yeah we have a good amount of mature and diverse live rock in our frag systems and a good amount in our displays as you will see so plenty to seed it with. (Id guess about 400kg dotted round the aquarium. Just need more actual rock.

ged@fishnochips

Registered
Yeah we have a good amount of mature and diverse live rock in our frag systems and a good amount in our displays as you will see so plenty to seed it with. (Id guess about 400kg dotted round the aquarium. Just need more actual rock.

I still think that the entrance fee for the proper visit should be some reef bones lol

Make it a rock party ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.