1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Live rock storage

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by MaRiNe_MaDnEsS, Apr 21, 2010.

1. MaRiNe_MaDnEsS

MaRiNe_MaDnEsS Registered

Hey, i was wondering if there is anyone that knows of a lfs that could store some live rock for me until i complete my set up??

I am bidding on it on ebay and its just an offer i can not resist. It works out at around £3 a kilo which is a unbelievable price.

Its comng from a well mature system so its a bonus with loads of critters hopefully all good

2. gillyspot

gillyspot Registered

I dont know of any lfs doing that sort of thing free (if at all) but if it is in the short term you can be keep in a very large bucket or barrel. Just make sure it is in ro salted water and has a heater and a powerhead giving plenty of flow all around and between the pieces of lr. Water changes once a week would be required as if it was in your tank.

if you put a request up on here someone locally may be able to lend you a container and even possibly a pump etc.

3. MaRiNe_MaDnEsS

MaRiNe_MaDnEsS Registered

its like 40kg worth. I am going to need a container the size of a koi qt lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice