1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Live Rock And Coral Glue.

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by Sorted7, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Sorted7

Sorted7 Registered

Hi I was just wondering about putty and glue for my tank. I have been using gel glue for my coral which has been good but I wanted to stick my rock down as am getting a bit of movement. Do I have to buy special putty or can I use my quick still putty which I have in my tool box. Any help would be greatful

2. mgb2010

mgb2010 Registered

Use either milliput or reef putty.

Two part epoxy glues have been used by others, it will send your skimmer crazy but they will harden under water. I’d stick to milliput or reef putty.

3. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

As above really
    Unless it was proven I wouldn’t take the risk

4. Jasandjules

Jasandjules Registered

Do not use your own putty.

There are a few ways to stabilise rocks, the question is which do you prefer - some people drill into the rocks then use perspex tubes etc to place between the rocks to hold them, some use reef glue (bucket loads I would imagine) - you can use egg crate and build a little tower which you can even tie the rocks too or lean them as you can glue the egg crate etc...

I also have gorilla gel which I use for coral frags and it is pretty much ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice