• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Live concerts

jennybugs

Registered
We went to see Kings of Leon at Hyde Park last night and I have to say Caleb Followill's voice was amazing! Foo Fighters and Dave Grohl's voice aside, his voice is probably the best I've ever heard live. He made it look so effortless and they played a great mix of new and old material.
The Foos at Wembley Stadium was the best I've ever seen live, and I've also been lucky enough to see alot of big names live over the years, and that set me wondering who you've all seen and who put on the best show for you?

:D

Last edited:

tamgui

Registered
I haven't seen anyone live for a while, and I haven't seen many...
I think the last time was 2004 when I saw Incubus do their A Crow Left of the Murder tour in 2004, MEN arena. Ah, was a good night :)
Before that it was Placebo in one of the Leeds uni halls, 2003, Sleeping With Ghosts.
Oh, and I saw Capdown :)yes:) who were supporting Weezer :)no:) in a free event in Leeds, called Breeze. Didn't want to see Weezer, I went for the support band :D

I don't know who the last band my husband saw was, but I know who the first was. Quite embarassing for him, actually ;)

Last edited:

robb1977

Staff member
Pantera at Manchester Apollo was good but so was Metallica at G-mex, its a close call but id have to say Pantera seeing that without Dimebag there will never be another chance to see them

Clearwater

Registered
Think this takes some beating

saw them at the Apollo in Manchester

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_zPzJFonS4]YouTube - ‪WHITESNAKE - HERE I GO AGAIN (LIVE @ LONDON)‬‏[/ame]

Carlos

Registered
Not been to one in years but been to a few
Queen at main road
Band aid
Wet wet wet ( they were pop)
Madness
Ac/dc
Party in the park (old Trafford) simply red, madness, m people
Simply red twice more
M people again
Tina turner
Ronnie Williams (too many times even in Brisbane back in 2001)

Going to rihanna in December can't wait hot totty :)

Clearwater

Registered
Any one seen the Master

Been three times now watch his hands

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK8estjfQV0&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Sweet little Lisa‬‏[/ame]

kevuwk

Registered
Went to see kings of leon in manchester on sunday and just thought it was a poor show, the crowd never got going which I would say was due to a poor set list. Have seen foo fighters a few times and they are amazing, can't wait for them in milton keynes next saturday :clap:

Last edited:

jennybugs

Registered
I don't know who the last band my husband saw was, but I know who the first was. Quite embarassing for him, actually ;)
Bet it's not as sad as me - Kool & the Gang Hysterical
darts at bridlington - now i am showing my age, bet no one knows who they were?

Oh I remember them alrighty! :D

I wish I had seen Queen live. That's one regret of mine.
My list includes Michael Jackson, the Stones, Meatloaf, Guns n Roses, Tina Turnip, Saxon, Status Quo, Rod Stewart, Madness... :)

tamgui

Registered
I just remembered, my mum took me to see Ralph McTell when I was 3 or 4. He sang Alphabet Zoo songs! :D

mark

Registered
i was lucky enough to grow up with my father being the national sales manager of warner brothers. we had badges that gained us entry to any concert in the country at any time.

a few of my favs

acdc at reading festival
dire strights
queen
simply red
oasis ( when they were unknown as my cousin was orgenally a backing singer )
stone roses
xray specs
detriot spinners
tears 4 fears
leval 42
wham
elton john
george michael
sex pistols
buzzcocks
cliff richard ( mother dragged me along )

used to go back stage all the time. caught the spinners with my dad , under a table that had a cloth over it to the floor ).

they were all somkin the green stuff ( lmao )

happy days indeed

tamgui

Registered
I think Ralph McTell is by far the coolest ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjrPAk8Yn8c&playnext=1&list=PL0E529EB7C7E32166"]YouTube - ‪Fergus the frog‬‏[/ame]

He even signed my Alphabet Zoo CD, because I have the same name as one of his 'T' animal songs :D

pieater

Registered
Macc Lads.

Absolutely fanchuffingtastic.

Saw them about a half a dozen times in the late eighties. Anything - absolutely anything could happen. I beleive the Hummingbird in Brum had to be closed down for a month for repairs.

hom

Registered
Macc lads, weren't they fond of boddingtons, chips and gravy?

My top 3 concerts were

Pink Floyd
Queen
Bowie
Spingsteen

Oh hang on, that's four lol

Went to see Bon Jovi at murreyfield last wednesday. Awesome!!!! Saw them 5 year ago in manchester too.

Seen NickleBack 5 times now and they know how to put on a show!!!! No good for people affraid of fireworks....these boys love there pyro!!Worship

Oh and ive seen Back street boys too.................shhhhhhhhh:eek: