1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Lightning Setting = Frisky Fish?

Discussion in 'Fish, Anemone's and Critters' started by steve861uk, Feb 22, 2018.

1. steve861uk

steve861uk Registered

Tried the lightning setting for the very first time on my Aquabeam Multi-Controller last night (after a trip to the pub :D). I sat there being amazed by the light show in the dark and hope that my fish weren't too freaked out by it.

The documentation states that it is designed/is there to encourage breeding. Has anyone had any positive experience of this with their own fish?

My wife thought it highly amusing as I was adding the thunder noises in the background and in anticipation of the mock lightning strikes :risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3:

taxidermyem likes this.
  2. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

i have radions with the lightning fuction
    they reckon if you do it during a water change its a trigger for spawning

however the lights dim prior to the storm
    and my fish all go to bed / hide

steve861uk likes this.
  3. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

oh and my ipad (controller via reeflink) does the thunder for you

4. taxidermyem

taxidermyem Registered

lmao you sound like my twin cos I do the thunder noises too along with very dubious arm waving crash bang effects hahahah

I have random storms set on my prime HD so some nights the living room is crazy with lightning! xx

steve861uk likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice