1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Just when it was going so well.....

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by aces_up1504, Jan 7, 2017.

1. aces_up1504

aces_up1504 Registered

Boom!!!! Very bad case of dinoflagellate from nowhere.

SPS have started stripping for fun :(

2. bujibanton

bujibanton Registered

I've just rid myself of that horrible stuff! I feel your pain!

3. warby

warby Registered

Dinos is a pita delt with it once. fm Dino x sorts it out but do exactly what it says on the bottle.

Sent from my s6 using Tapatalk!

4. ICEMAN80

ICEMAN80 Registered

Had it twice in the past. First time I had a FO setup so I killed all lighting including natural daylight into the tank, also dinos are resourceful and can feed off anything!.....even fresh minerals from a wc so no wc's of anything added to tank, basically starve the tank of lighting and wc for 6 weeks and it will go.
    Second time I had loads of softies and lps so I used FM Ultra Algae X......tank was completely clear of it in 3 days but I carried on using it for the recommended course.
    It did come back a few weeks later which I put down to poor husbandry due to busy with work and for that reason I shut the tank down. That was nearly 2 years ago now and only just started sorting out getting a new tank built (hence why I'm back on here lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. aces_up1504

aces_up1504 Registered

I've used dino x before without issue, but tank is heavily coral stocked, little worried about my SPS.

But the dino are doing a fine job of killing them all on their own.

Very tempted to throw all corals in the newish nano

6. ICEMAN80

ICEMAN80 Registered

Would be better mate if you could move them all to another tank and just shut all light out of the tank.
    To be fair though ultra algae x done no damage whatsoever on my corals when I used it. Fish and inverts seemed unaffected by it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice