1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured jebao wp40

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by nuttyboy, Apr 27, 2013.

1. tyger

tyger Registered

Cant wait for mine !!

2. kop_04

kop_04 Registered

Did you choose uk post or hk?

3. Shiny180

Shiny180 Registered

hk post and only took 9 days plus they put it as a low cost item so no additional tax :D

4. Shiny180

Shiny180 Registered

Here is a few pics of the controller and wp 25 pump
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    :D

5. kop_04

kop_04 Registered

Is that controller the new version?

6. Shiny180

Shiny180 Registered

No its the old version, so its a good job I ordered the variable power supply otherwise my tank may of looked like a tropical storm

7. tyger

tyger Registered

Any update on the slow boat from china arriving ??

8. Simplyaquaria

Simplyaquaria Registered

Unfortunately slow boat from China has not left yet - there has been a big delay waiting for the new controllers and we did not want them with the old controllers. We have been told that they should be ready for shipping this week though!

9. tyger

tyger Registered

Thanks for the update.

10. Kev O'Rourke

Kev O'Rourke Registered

Mine arrived yesterday. Only took 7 days via HK post so not bad and no additional tax.

11. Aldric

Aldric Registered

i got notified today that my wp25 was posted.. yayyyyyyy

12. Aldric

Aldric Registered

yayy got my wp25 today !!! only took 4 days !!

13. tyger

tyger Registered

don't forget to give a review

14. Aldric

Aldric Registered

hmmm a review.... ok here goes

First off I wasnt expecting it yet as it had only been 4 days since I was given the postage notification, so it was a great surprise this morning. I must admit I was a bit like a kid at xmas opening his "main" gift from under the tree as I quickly ripped open the packaging.
    I had bought the wave maker with the optional power adapter which as you know you can set to 12v or 24v depending on how much power you want the wave maker to run at ( more about this later)
    The wave maker was heavier than I thought it would be considering its size, and I also found it rather difficult to remove the magnet from the pump back ( at one point I thought I was going to break the pumps housing ) but finally I got it separated by using one arm of a pair of tweezers and lifting with a twist until I could get my fingers there to pull it apart.
    Putting the pump into the tank was easy enough and connecting all the power cables was also easy as they are all slightly different so no worries on mixing up which goes where.
    Then the time came to switch on and stand back which I did and...... nothing.....
    No waves, no nothing. Tho the power lights were on.
    So after a quick check of all cables I decided to do something some might think a bit silly, I poked the tip of the tweezers into the front of the pump and poked the propeller thing, on first poke nothing happened and I thought perhaps I had a dud pump but on second poke it twitched and then sprang to life, I guess it must have got stuck or something and just needed something to free it ( yayy for trusty tweezers )
    Then I noticed that it was running rather slow even tho I had put the controller to full power, so after playing with the settings I decided to check the variable power supply. The reason I had got it was when I did some research on the net I had checked out youtube to see how it performed and some of the people were using the wp25 in tanks bigger than my 4foot tank and they had rather big waves so I had put it on 12v not wanting it to over whelm my tank. So after first switching the power off I put it up to 24v switched it back on and finaly got some good flow going.
    I must admit that I think a 4 foot tank is the max size that the wp25 can handle comfortably, anything bigger and you will be disappointed as I have it set at nearly full power and in reef mode and the flow seems just about right with smallish waves at the top of my tank. I think a 3foot tank downwards would be ideal for the wp25
    I also think if I had the choice knowing what I know now I would have gone for the wp40 as I think I would have much more "power" control over the waves and flow than Im getting at the moment, but hey its all a learning curve especially with something thats new on the market.
    So in conclusion am I happy with it? ... yes I am sort of.
    would I have got the bigger version if I had known what I knew now?.. most defiantly if only because I would have more control on the flow settings
    I hope that this review helps

15. tyger

tyger Registered

Great review cheers for that cant wait for mine.

16. jas

jas Registered

They need to put a piece of cardboard between the magnets during packing. They are stuck tight enough that someone will end up breaking a pump while trying to seperate them.

17. Shiny180

Shiny180 Registered

For the £70 I spent on my wp-25 I am more than happy. I have it in my RSM130 which is only 130 litres so have the variable power supply on 12v as this is more than enough extra flow. As the T5 lights are built into the hood I have fitted the night sensor which then reduces it to a third of the power again. Havn't messed with any other settings and just run it on else mode. The pump runs so quietly which is a bonus. Think the build is different to the wp-40 but will look into this.
    :D

18. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

[MENTION=14894]Aldric[/MENTION]..has yours got the new upgraded controller with the S1 S2 and S3 speed options?

19. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

I bought a WP40 for my 5ft tank, but because mine is only 18" deep (front to back), I have had to drop the variable supply to 21V.
    I am now thinking I might prefer 2x WP25's in my tank so that the flow is more balanced rather than being all at one end. Saying that it does reach the other end without a problem and even clears patches of sand leaving bare glass at the far corner when set at 24V!
    So I might be in the market for a swap at some point, maybe if I order 1xWP25 first to try it out.

20. Aldric

Aldric Registered

yep I have the S1 S2 and S3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice