1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured jebao wp40

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by nuttyboy, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Shiny180

Shiny180 Registered

Website said all pre orders will ship with the updated controller. But I also ordered the variable power supply

2. kop_04

kop_04 Registered

I wounder if the variable power would be safe to use with the new controller? I think there is minimum 12v needed for safe operation.

3. Kev O'Rourke

Kev O'Rourke Registered

Ordered a WP-25 today from fish street with a view of keeping my MP40 but knocked down so I can't hear it

4. Viking

Viking Registered

It'll be interesting to see what a side by side comparison amounts to.

5. Kev O'Rourke

Kev O'Rourke Registered

Will stick some pics of them side by side when it arrives bud

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  6. ged@fishnochips

[email protected] Registered

With the obligatory sky remote please as well.

7. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

Seen some pics on a.nother reef forum the UK's central one ;)
    Thread entitled WP25 has landed
    HTH

8. Aldric

Aldric Registered

which is best for a 4 foot tank the wp40 or wp25 ? i read on one thread where someone was using two wp40's in a 5 foot tank but then someone else was only using a wp25
    i dont want massive waves just want good water flow, i know you can adjust the water flow in both

9. Wayne23uk

Wayne23uk Registered

You want approx 40x you volume per hour

10. tomtucker

tomtucker Registered

40 x your volume, i have a 10ft 1400lts tank and i have one wp40 in it and i dont think i need any more than one.

11. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

I have 1 WP40 in a 5ft x 18" and I have had to reduce the voltage on the variable supply to 21V.
    If I had a 4ft I would consider having 2x 25's rather than 1x 40 as the 25's are a lot smaller but still do 8000lph.
    Also the 40x volume depends what corals you intend to keep. SPS need high flow whereas soft corals do not need as much.
    There is a calculator on the Ecotech website which lets you enter your tank dimensions/volume and then shows you recommended flow rates for your choice of corals.
    HTH

12. Aldric

Aldric Registered

acording to that i need 2 mp10's so are the mp10's like the jebao 25's ?

13. Viking

Viking Registered

Having looked at the settings I have my Wp25 on, I reckon one WP25 would do you. If you're not altogether satisfied, you can easily pick up another.

14. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

I would just go by the amount of flow that they recommend and work from that.
    Depends what you mean by are they like them-in appearance-no. They are more like the Tunze Turbelle Stream pumps in appearance and the way they mount. There is no dry side like on the Votechs-however, the wave they can achieve and the flow patterns are comparable and the price tag is about a third of that of the Vortech-so for me it's a no brainer. Where else are you going to get something that looks like a Tunze but (IMO) performs better and has similar controllability to the Vortech for such a budget price!

15. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

Amen to that!

16. TimC

TimC Registered

Got my WP40 running on "else" mode at 24v. The noise is minimal now, far less than the water crashing around anyway. I was worried when I first set it up as I appeared to make a right racket! But with the return pump and skimmer going it is now no louder than either of them. It has passed the SWMBO anyway!
    Once the tank has settled down I will probably dial it down a touch as it does look like the proverbial storm in a tea cup right now!

17. Sharkstooth

Sharkstooth Registered

I keep turning mine up because I feel like I should. It always ends up being too much & down it goes, back to 18v on 1 & dial set 2 o'clock. Amazing piece of kit. :thumbup1:

18. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

When I had mine on 24V I ended up with patches of bare glass in places and sand dunes in other places! I have it in the top left corner now and even on 21V I keep getting little 'twister' whirlpools causing the odd bubble right over in the front right hand side!

19. Shiny180

Shiny180 Registered

Ordered my wp25 about 3 weeks ago from fish street, also ordered the variable power supply. Well it arrived today :D the variable power supply needs a mains lead, it also came with the night sensor plus a spare one, not gonna use this as I have t5s. Only using in an RSM130 so have put on 12v and set controller to else. Pump is very quiet and the fish and corals seem to be swaying gently enough. Will put some pics on laters :):thumbup:

20. Shiny180

Shiny180 Registered

Just noticed it was the 5th of June I ordered it :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice