1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured jebao wp40

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by nuttyboy, Apr 27, 2013.

1. nuttyboy

nuttyboy Registered

anybody got one of these pumps ive just ordered one

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  2. nuttyboy

nuttyboy Registered

[media

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2017
  3. nuttyboy

nuttyboy Registered

wp40 £70 mp40 £340

4. B1zbaz

B1zbaz Registered

Can you buy two powerheads and then a separate wave maker or has it all got to be in one off the shelf kit

5. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

Yeah I've got one. Had it on test in my 5ft x 18" upgrade for a couple of weeks. Ive only got salty & sand in there at the moment and no matter where I put it I am finding patches of bare glass and sand dunes all over the place-even 5ft away at the opposite end!
    I am waiting for a selectable power supply to arrive to calm it down.
    It's not totally silent but it does get quieter after about a week of running in.
    Its physically bigger than I expected, but I have read its no bigger than a Tunze 6105. In fact it is fairly similar in appearance, but the modes are supposedly like the Vortechs. It doesn't slow down when you turn the controll knob it just changes the pulse time.
    There is an 'else' mode which I can only assume is a poor translation of 'random' mode. It could get on your nerves a bit in a silent room as it ramps up and down. It sounds almost like someone next door practising their musical scales on the oboe!lol
    Overall good value for money. The sensor is supplied loos in the box so be careful not to lose it. Its quite sensetive as well and can be damaged by intense lights so you are better of letting your room lights dictate when it goes into night mode. Some have found that in total darkness it comes back out of night mode, me included, but only after I trimmed the legs on the sensor to make it fit flush in the control box.

6. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

It comes with its own controller. It has a 3 pin round plug on between the controller and powerhead. I'm not sure but I think it has two wires for 24Vdc and the other wire controls it somehow with a variable voltage/pulse.
    There is a thread somewhere on (I think) a.n.other forum or maybe a YT video showing how a guy has fitted a couple to a GHL controller.
    I'd be interested to figure out if a number of them can be controlled off my Tunze 7096 controller.

7. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

My advice to anyone ordering one of these with less than a 6ft long aquarium would be to get the selectable controller available from the supplier then at least you have the option of slowing it down.
    I would also say order a couple of spare night mode photo sensors as they are pennies but it is not covered on their warranty due to its sensitivity and it will save you the postage later which is more than the cost of 3 of the sensors!

8. nuttyboy

nuttyboy Registered

nice one steve ,ive just read on another forum that jebao is bringing out a wp25 at the end of this month ,that power supply sound ineresting ? how have you done that ?

9. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

The power supply (selectable) is something that the supplier is now offering for about £7. I believe you can get them over here maybe Maplins or Fleabay.
    I have heard the WP25 is only going to be 3000lph though.

10. B1zbaz

B1zbaz Registered

So is that a yeah then

11. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

There is a really long thread on the dark side if you haven't already seen it. I've definitely seen at least one thread or YT vid where someone has fitted them to a GHL. I'm not sure if I could run them off my Tunze controller but its something I'd be interested in if you find anything.

12. B1zbaz

B1zbaz Registered

I have got two eheim powerheads on there way to me and would like to fit a wave maker to them if its feasible as I really like the look it creates

13. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

You wouldnt be able to run them off a wavemaker as its not supplied directly and the modes are dictated by the controller. But for anyone who is good with electronics there are ways and means I guess as per above someone has run a couple off their GHL

14. nuttyboy

nuttyboy Registered

i think i ll be ok steve my tanks 66 x 24 x30 , i would like one at each end of the tank even more now if i can control the power with a selectable power supply

15. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

I wasnt replying to this I dont know about the Eheims

16. B1zbaz

B1zbaz Registered

Are eheim powerheads any good

17. SteveAnem

SteveAnem Registered

Yeah its possible but tbh you will probably find 1 would suffice! Ive got whirlpools going on at the far end of the tank.
    You can get a pretty impressive wave on the W1 mode as well.

Edit: Just be aware the supply is dc not ac

18. nuttyboy

nuttyboy Registered

just looked on fish streetweb site and i think the pump comes with a Variable voltage Power Supply ,lets hope so ah

19. jamesfirth1

jamesfirth1 Registered

Think you order the variable power supply separate for these. I have been watching the thread on the dark side, but due to people complaining about the noise and size I went with the Tunze.

20. nuttyboy

nuttyboy Registered

here you go toby , have a look into it
    [media

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice