1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Jebao Controller Differences- Not Compatible?

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by Marksfish, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Marksfish

Marksfish Registered

Last year I purchased a RW-4 from Fishstreet and it promptly went in the drawer. I have recently purchased a RW-4 from a UK store and the controllers are different. Part of my purchasing the second RW-4 was because the controllers are supposed to be able to be linked wirelessly, similar to my old MP10s. The older Fishstreet unit has a black controller with RW4/8/15/20 on it and the new one shows W10/20. These units don't appear to be able to talk to each other!

I have tried to contact Jebao on their support email, but they fail to reply. My UK seller has said "This WM10-20 is for the new style RW4 you have, its compatible, but may not be compatible with your other RW4. "

Seems to me that the new RW-4 is not a RW-4 at all and there appears to be some sharp practice on the part of Jebao. Perhaps these new units should be called the W10 and not the RW-4?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice