1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Jamie's Reef-er 350

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by merser, Jul 22, 2015.

1. merser

merser Registered

Whenever really pal. Drop me a text with some options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. mgreenough

mgreenough Registered

I would of gtabbed some of you, but i need to wait for this algae to go. The 3 frags i have are constantly getting snagged with algae that has released of the rocks. Its a complete pain at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. merser

merser Registered

I get that too sometimes. Algae hanging on the tips of hystrix. Annoying.

Whenever you're ready mate I'm sure I'll
    Have some. You're welcome to a bit.

Jamie

4. penzo

penzo Registered

[MENTION=21336]merser[/MENTION],I've texted you.Big Thumbs Up

5. merser

merser Registered

Sooooo... alarm went off on my Pacific sun doser last week. It beeps like crazy to tell you that you're out of liquid. Normally not a problem. Using the lap top I just refill and reset it. Job done.

Not today.

Won't let me connect. No matter what I do. So no dosing at all since then. I've tried two computers and every combination I can find to connect it. No dice. Today I had pac sun beam in To my lap top and try and sort it. Still no dice.

So now I need to send it back to Poland to be repaired!! What a disaster. Bloody amazing doser until this point.

So no I obviously can't send it over the weekend so I'm going to have to try and manually dose and send it asap Monday.

All stock has seemed unaffected thus far but I'm looking at my big rainbow pocci now and it may be stripping a bit from the bottom. Hard to say. May just be me. I'll get on more accurate dosing tonight.

Bummer. Tank is in the best nick it has ever been in.

6. Vix

Vix Registered

Technology is only great when it works. Hope the manual dosing works in the meantime

7. merser

merser Registered

Thanks. I know ball park what my consumption is so should be cool. Just annoying. It's the weekend now so that's 2 days you can't post.

Need to see what the most dogs dangly doser available is these days. I'm defo going to move this one on.

8. penzo

penzo Registered

Thanks for the frags Jamie,tanks looking spot on.definatly giving a fem a go ,beautiful fish.

9. merser

merser Registered

You won't regret it mate. Just feed little and often and you will be laughing.

10. CEECH

CEECH Registered

How is the tank holding up buddy ?

11. merser

merser Registered

Well mate. Is going pretty well really. The broken doser has resulted in my alk dropping to 5.2 but I'm buffering it back up.

Going to get a kamoer x4 doser instead I think.

I still need some more fish and coral though.

How is yours now? Improving?

12. CEECH

CEECH Registered

still not great man , cannot kick this algae the last of it just wont seem to go away at all :-(

13. merser

merser Registered

[​IMG]

Little clean up of the tank today. Took a video but the option to upload a video seems to have disappeared on tapatalk. Anyone know what that's about?

Had a good look at my mp40qds whilst cleaning. Both are badly rusted so I need to email ITC. I believe they sort you replacement wet sides so we will see what happens there.

My pac sun doser has been posted to Poland now. Hopefully have tht back soon. [MENTION=22376]Scott[/MENTION] is going to buy that off me for his tank and all being well [MENTION=12197]Burscough Aq[/MENTION] should have a delivery of kamoer x4s in tomorrow so I'll go grab one of those. Manually dosing is a complete ball ache and making my numbers less than stable. Thus far no adverse effects. Tank has been sub 7dkh for a few weeks now .

14. CEECH

CEECH Registered

The tank is looking awesome buddy. I cant upload videos on tappatalk either for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

15. penzo

penzo Registered

[MENTION=21336]merser[/MENTION],you happy with the wrasse,be nice to know.Lol.

16. warby

warby Registered

looks prety good jamie. just needs some more coloured sticks in there haha.
    from what iv heard they need to be under warranty for itc to replace them but I could be wrong. hope they get sorted out it's not the kind of thing you expect from high end equipment.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

17. CEECH

CEECH Registered

i was shocked when i heard about the rust issue ! given the price of them i would expect allot more from them !

18. merser

merser Registered

You need to do me a frag of everything you have pal!

Not sure about the warranty thing. I know loads who have had replacements. Ben [MENTION=18127]StarfishEnterprise[/MENTION] has had one replaced 3 times I think!

19. Scott

Scott Registered

Whats wrong with them rusting a little.... isnt it just the iron portion of the stainless leaching FE

All stainless steel has the capacity to rust unless its the hugely expensive and refined grades but i use GFO to absorb phosphate that simplified is rust isnt it?
    Iron oxide hydroxide
    Suppose its a good way to get a free wetside replacement tho Hysterical

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  20. merser

merser Registered

Got myself a Kamoer x4 doser after a bit of match making by mad [MENTION=22376]Scott[/MENTION]. Got it set up in about 4mins. Love the app. So no more manual dosing for moi! Happy days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice