1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Its that week up and coming again its the TT boys

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by Carlos, May 28, 2012.

1. Carlos

Carlos Registered

who's ya money on, I'll stick my neck out its got to be Guy Martins year :)

2. PaulM

PaulM New Member Forum Support

Not fussed who it is as long as they all come home alive. These guys are stunningly brave.

3. Carlos

Carlos Registered

I agree Paul 3 was too many last year mate. the old M62 past mine will be busy this week which makes me jealous that I sold mine in Jan this year.

4. Nesbitt

Nesbitt Registered

I think it will be won by some f###en nutter on a bike

5. magicmann

magicmann Registered

I agree its about time Guy won one. There are already loads of bikers here. Its going to be a busy year.

Paul

6. Carlos

Carlos Registered

Hi Paul how's things mate. Looks like it's going to be good weather this year as well. 12 months has flownn by since I said I was coming this year. Work has taken that one out for me :-(

Carl

7. magicmann

magicmann Registered

There is always next year but it has given good weather until at least next Friday. We don't have a Bank Holiday today so off to work.
    I will keep you updated on times and skeet

Paul

8. Realist

Realist Registered

Im off to the Moto GP at Silverstone in 3 weeks, loved it last year :clap:

9. magicmann

magicmann Registered

As promised-

It was another very quick TT practice tonight, although a crash in the sidecar session brought the night to an early end.The first bikes got away from the Grandstand at 6.30pm after a short delay to allow marshals delayed by today's road closures to get to their sectors.Like last night, conditions were warm, sunny and dry.The Superbike and Superstock machines were out first.John McGuinness again clocked the fastest Superbike time of the night, 129.4mph, over 1mph quicker than Monday night.Cameron Donald also topped 129mph.On the Superstocks Bruce Anstey set the fastest lap of the week so far, averaging just over 126mph.Conor Cummins, in his first practice of TT 2012, got in a couple of good laps on his Superstock, lapping at over 121mph to put him in the top 10.Next it was the turn of the Supersport and Supertwin machines.William Dunlop was again the man to beat on the Supersports, lapping at 124.77mph, which was just a shade quicker than his brother Michael.Ryan Farquhar clocked 115.39mph to top the Supertwins.

Paul

10. magicmann

magicmann Registered

I can hear the bikes now the practices are on again.

Paul

11. Carlos

Carlos Registered

Thanks for the update Paul, we are always a day behind here with ITV4 , mind you I don't think it starts on the TV until next week.

12. magicmann

magicmann Registered

The first race is on Saturdayso I guess it will be on TV on Sunday. It maybe a few days earlier to cover practices.

Paul

13. magicmann

magicmann Registered

Last night was the first 130mph lap of TT 2012 was seen , which was cut short by mist.
    And it was the current absolute lap record holder, John McGuinness, who logged it.
    He did it on his second lap out on his Superbike.
    When the Morecambe Missile came in, he told Chris Kinley he wasn't completely satisfied though: (play audio)
    William Dunlop had another storming outing on his Supersport bike, recording the fastest lap in the class for the third night in a row - 126.4mph

14. magicmann

magicmann Registered

ITV 4 on channel 120 has the TT on at the moment

Paul

15. magicmann

magicmann Registered

It was a somewhat subdued TT practice session tonight, save for a storming lap by Dave Molyneux and Patrick Farrance.
    They now top the sidecar qualifying leaderboard after lapping at 113.538mph.
    No new benchmarks were set in the solos, although Conor Cummins did log his fastest Superbike lap of the week - 124.9mph - despite the gloomy and slightly damp conditions.

There were a couple of incidents.
    Sidecar passenger Leon Fitzpatrick was air-medded to Noble's Hospital with minor injuries after he and Dean Lindley crashed at Kirk Michael.
    Then the Supersport / Supertwin session was red flagged after newcomer Stefan Holtz came off at Sarah's Cottage and injured his right arm.
    An ambulance took him to Lambfell, from where the air ambulance transferred him to Noble's.

16. magicmann

magicmann Registered

John McGuinness wins the first race and knocked 4 secs off the race record

Paul

17. Carlos

Carlos Registered

He's the man Ain't he Big Thumbs Up, how much longer can he keep these young men off his back.

18. magicmann

magicmann Registered

Not sure but he is still the man to beat.
    Molly won the sidecar this afternoon

Its on ITV4 tonight

Paul

19. magicmann

magicmann Registered

For the first few nights the TT on ITV 4 has had better viewing figures than the tennis.

Paul

20. magicmann

magicmann Registered

For your latest update-
    Bruce Anstey has snatched victory in the Supersport 1 race by just 0.77 seconds.The Kiwi managed to hold off Cameron Donald to take his ninth victory around the Mountain Course.
    William Dunlop finished third, his first podium at the TT.Earlier in the race William's younger brother Michael dominated, opening up a 20-second lead by the end of lap two and recording a new lap record in the process.But mechanical problems forced him to retire at Ballig Bridge.

The four-lap Superstock race will get underway at 6.30pm tonight.

Paul

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice