1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Its Husky month

Discussion in 'Non-Marine Pets' started by Bluez_01, Feb 11, 2016.

1. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Husky will adapt and learn this overtime naturally as it is in there natural instinct as this is what they were bred for. I guess i did not take into account that i live in Norway as regards to heat :) In the winter i do not think you will have many issues with overheating in the UK as it is pretty cold. My rottie god rest him used to pull me on my roller blades in the summer and like you i had a backpack with 2 x 2 litre bottles of water poo bags little medical kit and snake tablets for the woods.
    Miss my fella being honest but have to admit i have grown found of are new little fella in the house and he has grown a bit too :) Nearly 5 kg now lol about as much as he will get but he is mad in the head lol

2. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Husky will adapt and learn this overtime naturally as it is in there natural instinct as this is what they were bred for. I guess i did not take into account that i live in Norway as regards to heat :) In the winter i do not think you will have many issues with overheating in the UK as it is pretty cold. My rottie god rest him used to pull me on my roller blades in the summer and like you i had a backpack with 2 x 2 litre bottles of water poo bags little medical kit and snake tablets for the woods.
    Miss my fella being honest but have to admit i have grown found of are new little fella in the house and he has grown a bit too :) Nearly 5 kg now lol about as much as he will get but he is mad in the head lol

3. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

Currently sitting in A&E waiting for xray and examination on middle left finger which is badly swelled up and black on all joints, went for a walk with skyla yesterday, and on the way home we met another terrier dog with owner but it was off the lead, so I pulled skyla in, and grabbed hold of her collar, but as she pulled forward she managed to pull all my fingers apart from one from it, at this point she felt the resistance and span around on the spot with my middle finger still under the collar, to put it mildly I said ouch! But this morning, my finger is three times its normal size and is black on every joint, so waiting on xray now to see just how much damage has been done, seriously considering putting in an insurance damage claim against skyla, lol.

4. warby

warby Registered

Your a brave man if all you said was ouch haha.
    Hope your hand is too bad matey.

Sent from my s6 using Tapatalk

5. penzo

penzo Registered

Hope everything's okay,I don't think there's much they can do if its broke,but tape it up.

6. Eaval

Eaval Registered

I mis caught a rugby ball week last Wed and my wedding ring finger middle joint is still really sore and swollen.
    they say it comes in threes' who who next ??

7. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

So after 4 hours in A&E the verdict is fractured middle left finger, and 2 ligaments torn in the finger next to it, now in combi bandage on two fingers and a sling to keep my hand up and stop the swelling... back on wednesday to fracture clinic to see how things are healing. Oh the joys.!

8. penzo

penzo Registered

Oh dear!!!!!.get that claim in Hysterical.poor skyla she'll wonder what you've done.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  9. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Maybe you should consider a dog walker Hysterical Hope you get better sonn buddy.

10. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

So you would think the other half would learn by now, but no.....
    Skyla has taken a liking to rugs, thus far she has chewed up her bed rug, chewed up the kitchen rug, and last week demolished the long hair red rug in the hall way (total cost in rugs £255), yet for some strange unknown reason that I can not work out, the other half has just ordered a new rug to replace one... and I thought keeping marines were expensive.

11. penzo

penzo Registered

One of our labs is a counter surfer can't leave anything unattended,this morning it was the butter tub.but with the rugs,why buy more.:lol:

12. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

Hmm is that double I see? Hysterical

Meet Diesel our latest addition to the family.

2nd picture... "I am not really thinking about settling on the sofa honest" :-d

Attached Files:

13. Eaval

Eaval Registered

Thats alot of fur :)
    Enjoy

14. Grannycarolann

Grannycarolann Registered

Wow lovely looking dogs. I imagine you buy lint rollers buy the box.

15. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

We go through a lot of hand brushes, lol. lint rollers only work for about 4-5 passes then they are finished on clothes, so a hand brush works best we have found, as you can imagine its never really quiet in the home, unless its after 8pm when they are both a sleep... Big Thumbs Up

16. nodster

nodster Registered

Just caught up with this , you got another one mate Big Thumbs Up looks a good un , wife wants another too but I've said do the back garden first , plan is she wants a grey/white male or brown/white female , hopefully by the summer it will be done .

You can tell he's scoping that sofa for safe time to jump up :thumbup1:

17. nodster

nodster Registered

We use a pet hoover vacuum cleaner works a treat , Caesar loves it too wife with hoover him down with the pipe end Hysterical then when she tryst to do sofa he grabs it to say you've not finished with me yet , so funny to watch

18. MahaVeer

MahaVeer Registered

I am not sure I want to be here when she comes home to be honest, only 15 minutes to go now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice