1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Its Husky month

Discussion in 'Non-Marine Pets' started by Bluez_01, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

So a few pics of our newest arrival, just got her an hour ago, and shes waiting to meet mum for the first time, even though mum has zero clue that she is even here, lol!

Going to be a great night, or a really bad one I think.... Hysterical

First pic... "This is not going to fill itself up yanno...!"

Second pic... "Who is the prettiest then, the tank or me, think carefully before you answer...!"

Attached Files:

2. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

Just to add, her name is SkyLa "meaning fugitive", she is 11 weeks old just over, and already laying down in the kitchen door way waiting for her last feed...

3. penzo

penzo Registered

Lovely addition to your family,I want to be a fly on the wall when your misses comes in.i

4. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

I am not sure I want to be here when she comes home to be honest, only 15 minutes to go now... Gulp!

5. penzo

penzo Registered

She'll love her,how could you not,look at those eyes.

6. bujibanton

bujibanton Registered

Hope you film it! Lovely pup.

7. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

Well I am still alive lol, initial reaction when first walking through the door "What the...." followed by "Look at all these dog hairs Ian!" after the initial shock had passed, tears and down on the floor with a roll around with her, you are gorgeous!
    Think that went well then... :clap:

8. city1111

city1111 Registered

:lol: risky that mate,had you actually spoke about getting a dog?lol

9. nodster

nodster Registered

Ha ha mate what did I tell you , mine was the same , first shock then look at them eyes and they fall in love , brownie points for you . Big Thumbs UpBig Thumbs UpBig Thumbs Up

10. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

Yer we have always wanted a Husky, but we didnt specify exactly when we was going to get one, well in fact 2 in the end, but lets wait for the shock to drop on that bit... lol
    It was one of our most loved dogs we both wanted from pretty much week 1 (been together 14 years now), so I thought well we aint getting any younger, time to bite the bullet... and here she is... :biggrin:

11. nodster

nodster Registered

She a stunner mate a few weeks older than mine , if fact she's pretty much same markings as my Caesar . Good luck mate with the new girl , mine just yelped at me to give him his supper , feed them at same time every day and they get used to it Big Thumbs Up over the moon for ya mate

12. penzo

penzo Registered

I bet she's talking to her like its a baby lol

13. nodster

nodster Registered

[MENTION=20021]penzo[/MENTION] my friend they are babys sleep, eat, number 1s and then 2s Hysterical

14. penzo

penzo Registered

You've forgot the sleepiness nights.lol.

15. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Man my new puppy rules the house with her , spoilt rotten he is. But i must say training is going well. We have sit, lie down , high five , stay , speak and into bed ticked off the list :) Play dead is next :) my fella is not really a stranger person very shy :)
    Oh i forgot to add beautiful looking puppy. I have always loved Husky dogs. My Rottie died last year near broke my heart , i wanted another but she did not want a big dog again maybe i should have gone your route and just took one home and let her fall in love lol

16. Hazey

Hazey Registered

She's gorgeous Ian.
    [MENTION=23241]nodster[/MENTION], you do know that if it went pear shaped, YOU were the escape goat, it was all gonna be your fault saying you got one last week & YOU put Ian onto the same breeder Hysterical

My Lab Charlie is a massive part of our family now. Hey, the kids get up or go to bed & Charlie gets 5 minutes of hugs & kisses & I just get 'morning, night' with a peck on the cheek..........Wife aint that far off either :w00t:

17. Bluez_01

Bluez_01 Registered

So update on day 2.
    Today I have gotten a garden spike with a 16ft lead, so she is running around like a headless chicken and yanking her head off when she hits the end of it really well now (she yet may still become a headless dog at this rate... lol)

After an hour outside playing fetch the ball Ian, as she just runs up to it, chews on it, and walks off again, we came in and she was introduced to the.... "Dramatic sound effect..." SHOWER!
    This went reasonably well for the first time, (we have a wet room, so not as easy as dumping in a bath), shower engaged, curious dog couple of licks at the water, all going good thus far, rolled up me sleeves, and went to move he in to place, yer right!!!, anchors went down, and no movement, encouraging words had no effect, time for a treat to encourage her in, placed treat on floor, (getting wet I may add), dog looking on, but no movement, treat now looking like something that comes out of her rear end, so I dont think I would be that keen on eating it by now, so I retrieved said treat, getting wet again, and fired that down the loo, getting a fresh new crunchy treat, I showed her it, placed it near her nose to entice her with it, treat gone... wooosh! FFS...! get yet another treat out of the bag, drop bag on floor, dog thanked me for the freebies she has now been given and eating up at speed, starting to think the shower idea is not working too well at this stage.

Waited for her to finish treats scattered all over the shower room floor, and decided she needs to learn who is the boss here, so with the command, "In!" I picked her up and placed her under shower, holding her in place, getting wet, thinking that I am going to need a shower now anyway, we proceeded forward.
    Trying to un-do shampoo with one hand, and desperately praying she will stay with the other, I managed to get some on her and start to wash, some 40 minutes later we had succeeded on her first shower, towel down didnt work too well afterwards, however she is now clean.

The joys of training a puppy.
    [MENTION=11338]Hazey[/MENTION]
    Its really funny how this worked out, as Nodster went to manchester to get his, and I went to the outskirts of wakefield for mine, I nearly ended up with two females! as her sister was at a silly low price (she is the last one of the litter) when I told my wife about it, I was more in the dog house for not getting her as well, that I was for getting SkyLa...! go figure... Hysterical

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  18. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Well you know what to do call up and go collect her sister or is she sold now :)

19. Hazey

Hazey Registered

You know having two ain't double the trouble you know. It could make life easier for you as they entertain themselves.
    One for you & one for the wife...his & hers lol
    Go on, take your misses up to collect Skylar's sister.....you've been given the green light, snatch it & go for it

20. penzo

penzo Registered

40 mins,for a shower at 11 weeks old.Who did you say the boss is.lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice