1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Is My Coral Dead?!!

Discussion in 'Coral Information and Help' started by Sorted7, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Sorted7

Sorted7 Registered

99CC9B2A-0CE9-4454-90F5-47C68623EAAC.jpeg Hi I was just wanting some help to confirm if my candy cane coral is dead? I have had to take it out the tank for a clear picture. This is the only hard coral I have and it has been in my tank for about 3 months. Any help would be very greatful. Many thanks

2. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Yep it looks dead,
    For what it’s worth I’ve never had much joy with candy canes either.

3. trumpet30

trumpet30 Registered

I have a candy cane I bought 4 years ago and it went from 2 heads to 7 over that time and I have had to split it.

I had one die back and it looked ill a little while ago and moved it To more high water flow area where it has come back to full life and is growing again.

I did speak to my LFS about these a couple of years ago and they did say sometimes they can get an infection that causes die back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doug_amanda likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice