1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Is It Worth Getting A Reeflink?

Discussion in 'Tank Mods & DIY' started by Fearnus, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Fearnus

Fearnus Registered

Last night I picked up a tank and some equipment and there was a radion xr30 included and an mp10 we had a bit of trouble gettin the radion connected to eco smart live via usb the computer registered that the light was connected but the software didn't...... we eventually got it working after about 2n half hours haha.
    My question to you is are reeflink any good are they easy to use?
    Thanks in advance.

2. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

i have one and love it now that my wifi router has been replaced
    worthwhile investment in my opinion
    and much easier to use as compared to comparable controllers that are available

3. Fearnus

Fearnus Registered

Think I might try and pick one up second hand if I can find one cheap just spent more than I have on a new tank setup lol

4. jim_fitz

It can get quite expensive

5. Fearnus

Fearnus Registered

Hahaha I've noticed that not even got a proper tank set up and spent about £700 but I've bought mainly second hand stuff the other night I got what I thought was a bargain tho got a reefer 170 in good condition a radionxr30 g3 an mp10 all return pumps a bubble magus skimmer and some reactors test kits additives and rock basically this guy just gave me everything he had got it for £450 can't wait to actually be able to set it up lol

6. jim_fitz

have fun setting it all up

7. Jasandjules

Jasandjules Registered

Yes a reeflink can be handy at times though I pretty much set up my radions on the website then upload to the lights then that is it, leave them be......

Fearnus likes this.
  8. Staypuft

Staypuft Registered

I have one and 5 Radions above my tank - I find it really useful and pretty much do as Jasandjules do, set them and forget them.
    What I have found is that (maybe as mine are Gen2 Pro's?) the individual LED brightness can drift a bit and the ReefLink is invaluable here as I can re-calibrate them to get them back to being more accurate (once a year) with my PC, this has been more important since I started downloading/using the EcoTech Coral Lab templates for the lights as these do work as suggested; worth a look if you have a Reef Link as I would imagine programming the templates to each light individually could be a pain.

Fearnus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice