1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Iquatics Ocean ReefPro salt - review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Reefhiggy, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Reefhiggy

Reefhiggy Registered

Just to make this clear from the start, I have received this salt from Iqautics as a free sample to review and I will give honest opinions! I currently use H2o Ocean and will be using that for comparison.

Ok so..... Part 1.

Delivery
    The salt bucket was shipped boxed in cardboard with no step and iquatics tape etc. It arrived in perfect condition as normal with previous orders. Out of the box and looking at the bucket....
    View attachment 106959
    View attachment 106968

I think the bucket looks good and like the logo! On the back it has info on all the minor and major elements. Against the key elements it shows the Iquatics salt level against natural sea water which I think is good.

Opening
    Well the bucket is well sealed! I would recommend a screwdriver to assist maybe for first opening. Once off though the lid is just a simple snap lid and is a good fit. As per other salt buckets to be honest.

Inside the bucket the salt is in a sealed bag which makes mixing a lot easier. With H2O salt the inner bag had a tie to keep it closed but I think the fully sealed bag is much better. Hopefully this will be something that will carried over to the larger buckets Iquatics? See picture below:
    View attachment 106969

Part 2 (mixing it up) to follow in the next few days.

2. Realist

Realist Registered

Look forward to the rest of the review :clap:. Your images are not working, try uploading to photobucket and copying the IMG code into your post.

3. killi

killi Moderator & Jedi Master

Will be following this ,

4. diver 807

diver 807 Registered

as above my salt arrived safely and yes the lid is a bit of a struggle to remove. after premixing the salt to make sure that all elements would be present for the first mix.did a 75ltr water change midday yesterday and will put up my params later today.by the way the salt dissolved very quickly no residue.

5. diver 807

diver 807 Registered

update on my ocean pro salt.sg.1.024
    no3 0
    po4 0.01
    ca 410.
    mag.1350.
    kh 10.
    ph 8.2

6. iQuatics UK

iQuatics UK Registered

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reviews so far :)

Just to point out with opening the buckets, once the tabs are broken the seal then pulls away from the bucket, once the seal is pulled away it's a simple push on pop off lid, we will be adding instructions on opening to the boxes :) The larger 20kg buckets have a unique screw top lid which is a dream to work with :)

Looking forward to seeing the developments over the next few weeks :)

7. Reefhiggy

Reefhiggy Registered

Sorry all for the lack of pics in my first post and the delay in part 2 of the review.

Hopefully get something up tomorrow - tank has taken a back seat recently for a number of reasons need to get back on track :)

8. Reefhiggy

Reefhiggy Registered

Oh and love the sound of the lids on the larger buckets Iquatics...... picture speaks a thousand works! Pictures please Iquatics.

I know i can't talk, shame i couldn't upload my pictures but will try though photo bucket next time!

9. ss30

ss30 Registered

Keeping an eye on this thread

10. darrennmel

darrennmel Registered

So how is every one getting on with there salt haven't seen an update for awhile

11. poohpouri

poohpouri Registered

Any updates?

12. powerz

powerz Registered

so were the updates??? is it good.

13. powerz

powerz Registered

a review with no review updates???:023::023:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice