1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

IQuatics Aqualumi Series 2 quick review + pics

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Reefhiggy, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Reefhiggy

Reefhiggy Registered

Hi all,

I have just received a new 4 foot IQuatics Aqualumi Series 2 and wanted to post a quick review and a few pictures. Please excuse the half filled tank, the upgrade is ongoing. :)

Firstly as with everything from IQuatics the packaging was fantastic and both the fixture and tubes arrived in top condition. Unfortunately i forgot to take a picture of the packaging but i couldn't fault it at all :)

The fixture is really well put together and finished to a very high standard. I have the additional fixing brackets/feet and have the fixture sat inside the pellet. IMO the feet are well worth getting for the extra money however hanging wires are included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the nice features of this fixture is the T5 installation method. I have always used halide fixtures previously but i have to say this simple system is really good. The tube slides into the holder and then rotated through 90 degrees which locates the connectors. Hopefully the pictures below sort of show it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately i haven't got any stock under the fixture yet but i will update the thread when i do. Hopefully i won't be too long :)

Finally the tubes i went for were: 2 x Blue plus and 4 x AuqaBlue. The colour is quite a crisp blue which may not be to everyones liking but not as blue as the pictures make out.

If anyone has any questions about the fixture or wants more pictures feel free to drop me a pm.

Cheers.

2. jennybugs

jennybugs Registered

There seems to be more space between the bulbs now for insertion/removal which was a bit of a fiddle in the series one versions imho :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice