1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured iLumenair 1200 Settings and Times

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by markyp2002, Feb 25, 2015.

1. markyp2002

markyp2002 Registered

Hi all,

What are people using on their TMC iLumenair lighting 900/1200 over LPS / SPS tanks settings wise?!

How long are you keeping the lighting at each setting on for?!

2. ukbeginner

ukbeginner Registered

Good question, I would appreciate the answer too!

3. austinnrg

austinnrg Registered

i run 2 900s on my 5x2x2 and all channels at 26 for 8 hours then just blue for 1 hour

4. cjonesfrompreston

cjonesfrompreston Registered

Hi markyp2002 .. I run the 1200 over a 4 x 2 x 2 with lps, leathers, zoas and mushrooms mainly and here goes it's a bit long winded but ...... Dawn 2 hrs 1a01. 1b06. 1c01.......sunrise 3hrs 2a05 2b10 2c28......daytime 8hrs 3a24 3b25 3c25........sunset 1hr 4a10 4b10 4c30........and moon light 1hr 5a01 5b15 5c01..... iv got 3 trumpet heads in process of splitting torch in process of same also it's mint hope this helps it's working wel for me atm

5. markyp2002

markyp2002 Registered

Top man, ill give these settings a whirl and see how they go then. Are you having any issues with algae growth? been told told max 12 hours of light on time is ideal?

6. cjonesfrompreston

Nope iv got no algae probs well no more than normal anyway ... Regards the time lights are on the whites etc add up to 12 hrs and the dawn and moonlight are blues and purples so still within a reasonable time all I did was tweak the recommendations in the instruction manual to my own preference... I'll post a pic for u and let me know how the settings work for you

7. cjonesfrompreston

8. fritz

fritz Registered

I've just logged in to ask same question, my new tank and lights (Ilumenair 900) are due to be delivered in May. Hope its simple enough to set up!!! As a welder most thing i need to adjust are done with a crowbar and a hammer!!! all this digital and programmable stuff is mostly way over my head!!

9. cjonesfrompreston

Baffled the f&?# out of me at first but then twigged, once you've set the time you want the programme to start ie, 8 am. You then set each function for amount of hours for each function not time of day eg light start at 8 am dawn cycle 2 hrs not 10 o clock then sunrise 1 hr not 11 o clock so on and so forth if you catch my drift instructions provided are gash at describing this so give me a shout when light comes if you struggle good luck well worth it once set up

10. CandSMcKay

CandSMcKay Registered

I've been drawn to the 1200's which I will be getting the end of this week. What's the general review of these? Pretty good? I will also need some guidance once collected!

11. markyp2002

markyp2002 Registered

Would love to say I could comment but unforunately I ended up having to return my 1200 as the primary white lights sat directly above the cross-braces in my tank, and seeing just how salty and messy these things get over a short period of time, I opted to go for a pair of XR30w G3s instead, bit more expensive but they are fantastic lights :)

12. CandSMcKay

CandSMcKay Registered

Yea unfortunately the Radios are out of the question for us! Finding it difficult to justify! I will be ceiling hanging mine and there are no braces that should affect them

13. feeblebob

feeblebob Registered

I had some good guidance when I got mine about setting the times, i.e. it's not the clock time it's the duration of the stage. I was wondering if there was any discussion on here about settings people use and here it is :)

I'll dig out my settings for my 1200 for comparison.

14. WardyC

WardyC Registered

Be Great to see the settings on your light Mate I'm up the wall trying to get mine right

Cheers Colin

15. CandSMcKay

CandSMcKay Registered

I'll have a go at explaining mine from memory;

Dawn/twilight: Comes on at 7am for an hour (I have kept the channel levels at factory settings)
    Sunrise: Comes on at 8am for two hours (Also kept this factory on the channels)
    Daylight: Comes on at 10am for 7 hours (whites-28 Blues-21 colours-20)
    Sunset: Comes on at 5pm for 15 minutes due to corals not liking this setting! (Kept it at factory settings)
    Blues: Comes on at 5:15pm for 4 hours (Blues-28 White-4 Colour-0)

Hope this makes sense and helps :)

16. WardyC

WardyC Registered

Thanks very much for that much appreciated

Colin

17. Aquaman

Aquaman Registered

Hey guys, I got the TMC V2 ilumenair 1200 on Saturday, not actually had time to play due to work. I'm off tomorrow. Just wondering what the best settings are and do people run then 24/7 like you can the dsunys (Luna cycle) or do you always give fish darkness at night?

Thanks guys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice