1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Ich, Or Similar, Advice Please

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by damo666, Jan 11, 2019.

1. damo666

damo666 Registered

I mentioned in a post last week that I'd seen my algae blenny scratching vigorously, a couple of other fish occasionally. First course of action was to test everything, all good there. Did some reading and a whole host of different advice from medications, dipping in r/o, and doing nothing at all. I've got, sorry, had shrimp, snails, crabs so copper not an option. Quarantine? Well, could have set up a tank but due to my aquascape very slim chance of catching the blenny and regal tang without causing them major stress, which I decided would do more harm than good with a fish that is already distressed. So spoke to lfs and treated with esha oodinex which stated it was reef safe. It's not! OK I can accept the blenny died from it's symptoms, sadly I also lost my fire shrimp and several snails. Duncans closed almost immediately, showing signs of opening now my skimmer is on again. More fish scratching now. I was unable IMG_20190107_165102.jpg to see anything on the blenny but can just make out an off white dusting on my regal tang. Don't know what the best course of action is now as have not experienced a paras in my reef tank before. Thanks for any advice or thoughts you may have

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice