• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Ich keeps coming back

372xp

Registered
Look, to me it seems you are looking for an excuse to treat the tank again. From what you have said this doesn't sound like ich. My goldrim tang has constantly got little white specks on it. It's not WS, it is caused by stress. It is so obsessed with being dominant over the regal it is causing stress. These specks come and go and really aren't an issue.

peter212693

Registered
Defiantly noy looking for an excuse, the opposite really. I just dont want to end up leaving it as it looks identical to what I had last time and lost 50% of my fish and they where covered on white spots.

peter212693

Registered
I removed my sand over a few days at the end of last week incase I do dose again with Copper or CP in a hope this will give me more accurate levels and remove substrate for the parasite to rest in.

I had no spots on any of the fish over the weekend and then this morning about 6 - 7 on the regal tang, nothing on any others. All acting fine and eating no signs of scratching or similar.

steve861uk

Registered
Ruby Reef Kick Ich cured my 5' tank, the white spot never returned and I lost no fish, inverts or corals while using it. Try Google and see what you think?

It kills the Ich in their free swimming stage, which occurs in the cycle of it once in every 7 days (approx. working from memory). I used enough to treat as recommended and continued for another period just to make doubly sure. It was not cheap, but worked for me :w00t:

Bump!

peter212693

Registered
To be honest I was looking at that last night. It appears to discupt the swimmers and stop them being able to attach to fish. Where did you get it from mate?

steve861uk

Registered
Ouch, that is expensive and looks like it's not in stock. Unless they order direct from supplier.

Go to their site and do a search for Kick Ich, there is a 1l and 500ml version which are in stock (and cheaper), will depend on the size of your tank. At 35 fluid ounces to a litre - a 1l bottle will treat a 250l tank for the prescribed course (i.e. 6x doses of 5 ounces with 5 ounces to spare).