1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

How do you feed your fish?

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by leopardshark, Sep 7, 2015.

1. leopardshark

leopardshark Registered

Ok
    I'm intrigued..

I've been feeding my fish like this for a while now

So what I do I'd buy gamma blocks blister packs and chop a few bits of the blocks and freeze them
    In a takeaway container.

I've been taking container out of the freezer and choping a bit of this block and a bit off that block then i defrost it in ro water and pour it in the tank from a shot glass and my fish go mental for it [​IMG]

I Have krill Pacifica,Bryne and mysis and Rotifers in this one.

Sometimes polychates and Cyclops lobster eggs I also sometimes put spirulina flakes in their too(the shot glass not the freezer lol)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. warby

warby Registered

Iv got several gamma blister packs in the freezer. (Mysis, brine quintet, marine cuisine, vegetable, squid, prawn, red plankton, lobster eggs) they get 4 cubes per day and I try to mix it up so it's not the same everyday

3. 372xp

372xp Registered

Same as. Chop a few bits off put them in a milk bottle lid and float them in the sump until defrosted. The lid has tiny holes in and the oils leak through into the water, the fish can sense this so by the time its thawed out there champin at the bit. It takes them no time to polish it off even with pumps on max. I feed 1 cube a day, a mix of different ones, plus seaweed.

4. penzo

penzo Registered

Flake,mysis,krill.seaweed etc.

5. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

wouldnt waste ro water to defrost
    i use a bit of tank water or even tap if i cant be bothered to walk that far

Nori from sainsburys on a clip

6. mgreenough

mgreenough Registered

My regime is an alternation of frozen mysis, calanus flakes mixed with veg flakes, frozen cyclops and oyster eggs.

I put in liquid phytoplankton on a sunday, and frozen green and red plankton mid week.

Just bought some d&d reef paste which the whole tank goes mental over. This is fed twice a week.

It is great when the tank gets more variety of food than what I get.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  7. warby

warby Registered

Forgot to add I also use flake food....one algae based and one meat based (i think I'm on brine shrimp based at the minute)

Along with some dd reef paste every now and then.

8. Andi

Andi Registered

Must admit my fish are better fed than me also! Mysis, brineshrimp (nowt' wrong with a bit of cake!), marine quintet, marine mix, chopped fish (for Spike the lionfish), whole cockles (for Phatboy the Picasso), New Era marine, vegetarian and algae flakes, Asda's Nori sheets, DD paste, New Era marine pellets, also my fingers if I'm not careful!(Phatboys a little sh*t!!!!!!).

9. penzo

penzo Registered

Do you think you may have left anything out andi?:lol:

10. Andi

Andi Registered

Errrrrmmmm not really! Oh yeah and I find rotifers handy for opening up sun corals so you can feed them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice