1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

How can I use a sump without drilling the tank?

Discussion in 'Tank Mods & DIY' started by rapidjohn, May 17, 2015.

1. rapidjohn

rapidjohn Registered

I have just repaired a leaking tank by resealing it so I don’t want to start moving it off the cabinet and drilling holes :helpsmilie: I don’t know a lot about marine systems so I am collecting as much info and equipment that I need before I start setting up, so any info is welcome I am a retired Maintenance engineer so pretty handy and I would like to make as much as possible but there is so many designs out there.
    The tank I am using for the sump is 450 mm long x 370 mm high x 300mm wide I know it is small but that’s what I have and the cupboard it`s going in is 570mm wide internal so could not get much bigger in there so you can see my predicament.
    Regards John

2. rabbut

rabbut Registered

Hi John,

An overflow box is probably your best bet if you don't want to drill. I'll let others recommend specific models though as I prefer to drill :smile:

3. rapidjohn

rapidjohn Registered

Thank for that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice