1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Help Needed With Evergrow It5080 Light Schedule Please

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by Mike Lloyd, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Mike Lloyd

Mike Lloyd Registered

Hi all, first time posting on here and I'm after some help with my light schedule, I've been struggling to hit that sweet spot and have lost some corals to bleaching and have some browned out. It's a lps tank in the main with a few softies and possibly some sps such as montis and stylo down the line when I get it sorted. I've attached my current light schedule so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. aces_up1504

aces_up1504 Registered

Looks ok, any reason for green being so high?

3. Mike Lloyd

Mike Lloyd Registered

I've basically just been tweaking the template I was sent with the lights, dropped red due to algae and reduced green, would you say remove or drop that as well. I couldn't find much research on whether corals utilise green light.

4. aces_up1504

aces_up1504 Registered

They dont use a lot of green light photosythetically but it may enhance colors depending on your coral stock, saying that Red is also important part of the spectrum ( although dont forget white light contains portion of red wavelengths also). Many of the IT50 users have taken on and programmed their lights towards the Radion AB+ but toned it down a little.

Example i max out Red,Green and Whites at 20% and all other channels at 75% for around 4-5 hours then have ramping either side and blues only during the evening. It gives quite a blue looking light during "peak" times.

5. Mike Lloyd

Mike Lloyd Registered

That sounds interesting, could I be cheeky and ask you to post your schedule? My stock is mainly lps with a few softies.

6. diver 807

diver 807 Registered

I think you have the uv too high,might be wrong.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice