1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Help, K3 LED lights just blown up

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by NoK3, May 2, 2015.

1. NoK3

NoK3 Registered

I have or rather had a set of Key K3 LED lights that have just died rather spectacularly. The control unit gave an almighty bang then nothing. A real concern as I have corals on the tank. The only immediate solution is to buy a fluval led from my local shop which would not be my choice of light. I have the original freshwater lights (I think). I could put done fluorescents in but not sure. Any guidance on this would be appreciated as I don't want to lose corals that are well established

Help!

2. markalex

markalex Registered

Where abouts are you,i have an old 150w halide you can borrow for the time being but im in the southeast

3. NoK3

NoK3 Registered

many thanks for the offer. unfortunately i'm up in the midlands. ive managed to get my original t8 fluorescent working. there are 2 lights a white and blue. they were my original lights before i switched to leds. hopefully will suit until i can sort the issue over the next week.

4. rabbut

rabbut Registered

If you can get the unit sorted within a week, you'll probably be OK. If it's longer, then I'd start worrying. An advert requesting a loan of a unit from a local in the wanted section could be worthwhile if you are worried :wink:

5. NoK3

NoK3 Registered

I've ordered a new set of LEDs. Should be here on Thursday. The existing unit is irrepairable. The were from FishSteet and now obsolete. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice