1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

halide hanging

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by percula_120, Feb 16, 2011.

1. percula_120

percula_120 Registered

i am starting to build my new systems a 4x2x2 acrylic system and a percula 120 neither have a halide stand but all the halides have hanging kits how am i best to mount them?

i tried hanging a shelf over the tank but it does not come out far enough and our celings are too high

I know they say 20-30 cm above the tank water level but would it be harmfull hanging it 10-15cm from surface????

if i do need the 30cm clearance how can i hang it safely?

cheers all

2. Ged

Ged Registered

Can you not put brackets on the wall?

Like those ones that you would hang baskets on outside?

3. percula_120

percula_120 Registered

yeah i guess i could not really thought of that but not sure if they would be any larger than a shelf and i am just finding the light is not hanging over the tank enough more so with the percula because of the boxwork at the rear of the tank.

will have a look into that thou might just work if i can find a suitable size Big Thumbs Up

4. robb1977

robb1977 Moderator Staff Member

Get these type of shelves from homebase, they come in about 4 different lengths. Mine arent even the largest they do

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  5. robb1977

robb1977 Moderator Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice