1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

gyre settings

Discussion in 'Equipment discussion' started by jas, Apr 11, 2015.

1. jas

jas Registered

Hello, I just picked up my 150 and the one thing I don't like is there is no night mode. Since I feed my corals at night, I prefer a light flow to allow them to catch food. After reading into it, apparently the reverse flow is nearly useless, would it be reasonable to use reverse mode as a night mode in that case ?

2. Clearwater

Clearwater Registered

Reverse flow
    Needs the cage exchanging

If you leave it it would work as a night mode

3. jas

jas Registered

I'm hard to impress, but this gyre has managed. If it can last at least 2 years, I'll be loyal to this brilliant pump.

4. markalex

markalex Registered

Is it noisy?thinking of getting rid of my old vortech because the bloody noise drives me mad.

5. jas

jas Registered

Mine is no where near as noisy as the older vortech. At 70% I don't hear it. I don't know if its loud at 100%, I can't use it that high.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice