1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Good shops in Leeds / Bradford area

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by Cleggy1981, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Cleggy1981

Cleggy1981 Registered

Can anyone recommend a good marine shop in the area?
    Or anyone that sells a few bits and pieces from fish house etc

2. cushy60

cushy60 Registered

Interfish at osset and maidenhead aquatics at carr gate garfen centre just off j41 m1 mate

3. Cleggy1981

Cleggy1981 Registered

Cheers mate .interfish is best I've found round here so far. Theres one in otley that's much closer but prices seem high to me. Some nice stuff tho

4. Cleggy1981

Cleggy1981 Registered

Are u local?

5. Marksfish

Marksfish Registered

+1 on Interfish and Maidenhead. That said, the manager has recently left Maidenhead, hopefully it carry on being as good as it has.

Not sure what the place in Armley is like these days, it always smelled a bit in there for my liking,never really liked it. Pets at Home on York Road sometimes have some good stuff, but they are a general pet shop.

Mark

6. gazza3535

gazza3535 Registered

Its not called pets at home, it paws for thought, a completely different company, I know I run the marine section there, and with a bit of luck we should have a load of LPS Corals coming in direct from Java next Thurs

7. Marksfish

Marksfish Registered

That's the one, got mixed up, sorry :blushing:

8. Cleggy1981

Cleggy1981 Registered

Setting up my new 5 footer at the weekend think I have all the plumbing in hand. Still waiting for 25 mm bulkhead and a couple of 90 degree connectors. (in the post) but worst case and they dont turn up will places like maidenhead and interfish stock them?
    Ive never noticed them in the shops but I don't look past the fish and corals lol

9. Marksfish

Marksfish Registered

Interfish have a large selection of 25mm pipework and different fittings (to the left of the counter), I got all mine from there. Maidenhead don't have hardly anything except large pond size stuff.

Mark

10. Cleggy1981

Cleggy1981 Registered

That's that's good to know think I've got all my 40 mm sorted but didnt want the job holding up for anything silly

11. ultimabio

ultimabio Registered

Apparently paws for thought on York road,Leeds, have started stocking marine,not been myself yet but might be worth a scan.

12. Cleggy1981

Cleggy1981 Registered

Never been there yet but once set up will pay a visit. Thought a few of you may sell from fish housed etc????

Maidenhead and interfish best I've found but I'm the other side of Bradford it a 60 mile round trip!

13. jamesfirth1

jamesfirth1 Registered

There is also Pet city on Tong St, and Coral reef uk at Menston.

14. Cleggy1981

Cleggy1981 Registered

I never knew pet city did marine and pass that most days will pop in.

What's the one menston like as that's my closest

15. jamesfirth1

jamesfirth1 Registered

Menston is ok, he need to get some more stock in, but he has just set up his fish section so that will help.

16. PaulW

PaulW Registered

I wouldn't bother with either of the Leeds shops really been to paws for thought and pet and garden world aka living world and have been disappointed with both shops on every single visit. I tend to just jump int car for that extra 15 mins and go to Manchester. Interfish at ossett is worth a visit and pet city at tong is also very clean and well priced fir fish but not so cheap on coral.:smile:

17. jamesfirth1

jamesfirth1 Registered

I noticed the same with the coral prices at Pet city....expensive. Good fish prices though.Big Thumbs Up

18. gazza3535

gazza3535 Registered

"Apparently paws for thought on York road,Leeds, have started stocking marine,not been myself yet but might be worth a scan"

just to let you know, we have had marines for about 6 years, i used to work there a few years ago, but have been back about 4 month now and just about got the marines back into shape, so your welcome to drop in for a chat ect although my days off are sun and mon, oh and by the way all the hard corals that i ordered from Jarva turned up on Wed all 21 of them, some really nice bits at good prices

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  19. Cleggy1981

Cleggy1981 Registered

Just transferring to new tank this weekend and il be over to have a look in the near future!

20. gazza3535

gazza3535 Registered

Ok
    Just let me know who you are when you turn up, gots lot of euphilla christa, (grape coral) although it looks a bit like frogspawn) each coral has 6 heads on it (branching) really nice and black suncoral as well as many others

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice