1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Going Going Going!

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by les, Oct 7, 2018.

1. les

les Registered

All corals and fish moved on to a good mate of mine. My 3 x Radion XR30s sold and the tank up for sale now on eBay. Saddened well yes, however, I will be back of course. I expect to be moving house in the next few months and although in theory, I could take it with me I will have too much to do so thought it best to sell on. I will set another tank up when ready but that will be sometime next year all being well.

I was counting the number of tanks I have had in my 37 years reefkeeping and I have had 11 in total ranging from nanos to 120 gallon systems but this last one was my best yet. I kept many SPS LPS and distributed many frags. I grew frags from previous tanks that matured into large colonies. My many fish thrived and many of them spawned as my philosophy to reefkeeping it to wherever reasonably possible to keep pairs or numbers of a species as they would be most likely found in their natural habitat which I did my best to replicate for them.

37 years on and off (mainly on) is a long time in this hobby as I have seen many come and go and move onto other things but I am not being critical of those that have spent a year or so and given up. The hobby can be very challenging and disaster is often waiting just around the corner. Disaster or partial disaster is what happened to my tank when I went away for a few days and I lost half my fish and 75% of my corals with no SPS surviving. I considered restocking but given my impending move around the new year, it seems the right time to sell up.

I will leave my tank thread up on here to serve as a reminder of what was but can be again. I have found often a break from a hobby you love serves to encourage you to start up again and so I will unless my encroaching later years serve to prevent me. The hobby is one of the proverbial magnets pulling you back time and time again. I just hope it continues to and a new tank will emerge from the ashes.

I am not going away but at the same time, I won't be as active as I have been in recent years. Saltbox is going through a difficult time as are many of the forums. I do hope there will be a resurgent in the .com forums and of course salty box in the near future. In the meantime do try to support salty box with posts and help keep it afloat for all to enjoy. I will leave you with a pic of my tank not long before I had a problem with it while away.
    20180412_210328 (1).jpg

hotashes likes this.
  2. doug_amanda

doug_amanda Admin Staff Member

Hope to see you back again soon les and thank you for your support.

les likes this.
  3. les

les Registered

Thanks D&A. I will still pop in just maybe not as frequent.

4. reefloat

reefloat Registered

you will be back ;)

les likes this.
  5. les

les Registered

You know it Gordon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice