1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Glass Cleaning

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by afeltham, Sep 28, 2017.

1. afeltham

afeltham Registered

So. I have three turbo snails and three narcilius snails as well as two cleaner shrimps.

I only have 9 fish and so I guess I'm a bit surprised how often I have to clean the glass - once every 5 days or so.

Is that normal or is a few extra CUC recommended?

Thanks. Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Realist

Realist Registered

Normal and it also depends on how much lighting your using hrs per day etc that can cause a build up and how long the tank has been running for.

3. MissM

MissM Registered

Try to clean ours every other day so there's not to much build up so that's good going ..

4. Mr Dave

Mr Dave Registered

Algae on the glass is normal @MissM , what are your P03 and N03 ?
    Another thing like Realist says is lighting cycle- Red and green light promotes Algae growth so if you are using LED's and Red and Green are in the make up try turning those colours off, if T5 or other tubes it could also be an indicator that the bulbs are nearing their life span as they emit a red spectrum when on their way out.

All that said once every 5 days unless its bad is not a cause for concern.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice