• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Gfo Reactor Recommendations

Ade_S

Registered
Hi all,

As the title suggests, I need to urgently replace my GFO reactor as my Aqua Medic one has a failed impeller (the impeller shaft has rusted through in 2 yrs!)

I know I could get a new pump for it but I've never liked it as it constantly seems to drift out of 'tune'. I'll get it just right then check the following day and the flow has stopped. Seems to be due to the crude way you have to rotate the inner chamber to adjust the flow.

Anyway, enough complaining about my old one, can anyone recommend a good, easily adjustable one that keeps its 'tune' and stays how it's set, please?

Cheers,
Ade

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ade_S

Registered
Just to add to this, I have a D-D H2Ocean FMR75 running biopellets which seems good (though a little tricky to get the lid lined up when replacing media). Does anyone know how they perform with Rowaphos?

I was wondering about buying another and running it from a Jecod DC1200 as that should be easily controllable.

Any thoughts, please?

Cheers,
Ade

robb1977

Staff member
I have the D-D one running rowaphos. It works fine and is pretty easy to clean and refill when necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ade_S

Registered
Thanks - good to know.

Do you use the D-D pump that's available in the kit or use a different one? I went for a Newa one for ther one I use with biopellets but wondered about a DC one to get more control.

robb1977

Staff member
I use a maxi jet 500 and adjust the flow with a tap on the hose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ade_S

Registered
D-D one here also, with the pump that came with it, works fine.
Thanks! Just ordered the D-D reactor with a Newa Jet NJ800 pump. A bit overpowered but the 600 was out of stock and I can T-off and restrict the flow to get the right flow.

Ade

jim_fitz

Admin
Staff member
i use a gyractor
reason i like it is that the gfo stays lower down in the tube and doesnt end up in the tank