1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Flexible Hose.

Discussion in 'Tank Mods & DIY' started by les, Feb 6, 2018.

1. les

les Registered

I replaced my flexible hose from my return pump to the hosetail on my hard plumbing return pipe yesterday, The reason being the black corrugated flexi hose has a habit of going hard and splitting on bends. I bought a much better and more flexible hose used to plumb washing machine and dishwasher wastes in. I cut it to length and one the ends were heated in some very hot water I managed to force it over both hosetails. I feel a lot safer now and the bend in the pipe is much smoother. You could use this hose on external reactors in tight places and it even comes with a bend holder which would go over the edge of a sump for instance.

20180202_160850.jpg 20180202_160934.jpg

2. trumpet30

trumpet30 Registered

Looks like a good solution but wonder if the material it is made of is fish safe. Does it come with any WRAS markings or similar confirming it is safe to use for say passing water through for human consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. les

les Registered

No but then it wouldn't do as its designed to take waste from a washing machine. However, I have used it before and its also supplied by others as with my ATS. Its designed to take aggressive chemicals like as found with dishwasher tablets etc. However, there are lots of plastics etc used in aquariums that you won't find with human food consumption on. I will understand if you wouldn't trust it due to not having such an assurance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice