1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Fish Dying

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by afeltham, May 12, 2018.

1. biffobear50

biffobear50 Registered

I would definitely reduce lighting to about 8 hours for now

2. mgb2010

mgb2010 Registered

You could check for an electrical ‘leak’. Broken heaters, pumps etc can put a potential in to the water. Either measure water vs a ground or fit an RCD plug (it will trip with earth leakage fault).
    This is a bit left field, but I have seen this before causing strange tank deaths.

3. Vix

Vix Registered

Have a look at polyclad flatworms, I had one in my tank, came in on the live rock. Took ages to work out why my snails were dying. Then one night spotted it feasting. They can hide in the most minuscule holes in the rocks but when out can completely smother the live stock.

4. Jasandjules

Jasandjules Registered

What size is the tank?

What fish do you have?

Do you use any sprays in the room where the tank is?

5. reid

reid Registered

Is your tank keeping a constant temperature?. Is it near a window?. Asking as the current heat wave is holding my unheated tropical tank at 78f. If your tank is being hit with direct sunlight, the temperature fluctuations would be greater than some marine fish can handle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice