1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured fingers crossed

Discussion in 'ULNS Systems' started by screwloose, Apr 27, 2010.

1. screwloose

screwloose Registered

as said elsehwere i ordered a miriad of blue bottles to give my system a kik up the backside

sponge power
    zeostart 2
    zeo food 7
    coral snow

also ordered amino acids and zeobak,,,but they weren't in the box when it arrived today, so i have emailed charterhouse, and hopefully they will arrive thursday

bit gutted as these where the main 2 i wanted, i got a bag of zeo stones that i didnt order, but no AA or bak,
    hopefully they will resolve this quickly without any hassle

so just doing a bit of a diary, of wat goes

day 1 ,,,tank looks pants
    Now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

last month
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dosed the 4 i have, i think it was as follows

sponge power-- 4 drops
    zeostart 2 --1ml
    zeo food 7-- 4 drops
    coral snow--- 4ml

2. Ged

Ged Registered

Good luck mate, I hope it works out for you. I know how gutted you are as you told me.

3. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cheers dude,

yours looks ace,,,just need to get mine back to how it was now,,so fed up of it looking dark,,and my sps dying

hopefully my euphillia will open back up in the morning,,,as its been in a semi shrivelled state for weeks now [001_unsure.gif]
    and that will give me a sign its on its way

4. BigLarry

BigLarry Guest

May be a bit gutting to do but for reference any chance of a picture so we can compare the before and after?

Hope it all works out too (for my sake too, I wouldn't mind some frags :D :D )

Larry.

5. screwloose

screwloose Registered

i have no batteries for my camera,( stolen by siblings ),will do one with my phone

6. robb1977

robb1977 Moderator Staff Member

Fingers crossed pal, hopefully the blue bottles will work.
    Dont know if im teaching you to suck eggs, but i was told to add things like bac, amino acids and sponge power to the coral snow, then let it sit for 10 mins before adding to the tank. Apparently it makes it easier for the corals to use them. Dont know if its true, but what i was told

7. screwloose

screwloose Registered

i think its taken up by the coral snow,,then better absorbed by the corals, as its the right micron size for filter feeding then [001_cool.gif]

added piccies to top post

8. Realist

Realist Registered

All the best with it Nev. I know Wave Ace has been running with it for some time so may be able to offer a bit of advice on the ULNS side.

Hope it does the trick.

9. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cheers dude,,,hopefully he will chime in when he gets chance,

just gutted a bit that what i deem to be the most important ones,,where missing from the box,,i hope they dont mess me around coz the 2 bits missing come to around £64 ,,,and i cant buy them again at the mo

10. Realist

Realist Registered

How are your LPS doing out of interest?

11. screwloose

screwloose Registered

mainly good,,,apart from euphillia...

acans look like they have grown somewhat,,frogspawn is biggest its ever been, duncans great, hammers are ok but not as big as usual,
    and candy canes have been sulking,but only for the last week

12. Clearwater

Clearwater Registered

good luck with this Nev

I was told by Mark at Cockfields, get a glass of tank water, add Bak and AA feed 8 hours later

it has improved my Gonipora the reds looking very good, the purple looks to be recovering which I thought was on its way out

have you been reading on the KZ forum?

13. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cheers dude,,,just hapens to be the 2 that here missing from my shipment [001_rolleyes.gif]

not had much chance to read on zeo forums tbh,,,but i have read a lot of threads over last 12 months or so.

just to add, purple plate that is currently brown and my hirsuta also currently brown have the longest polyps i have ever seen,,just hours after dosing the 4 that i have done. [yahoo.gif]

14. killi

killi Moderator & Jedi Master

hope it all goes well for you nev ,,,,,,,pete

15. Hazey

Hazey Registered

4 hours in & good signs already, fingers crossed for u.

I am dosing the LP AA concentrate, Coral Snow & ZeoBak, mixing them all together in a little bit of tank water 8ish hrs b4hand & then adding to tank after lights out. My LPS have never been so healthy & inflated

Dave

16. robb1977

Sounds promising mate, with the polyp extension the corals should be getting some of the good stuff.
    If charterhouse keep you waiting a while, i've got some bac and amino acids here your welcome to use till yours show up.

17. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cheers dude, are you not using it ?
    i will see what they say tomorrow, just hoping they dont mess me about or thats 60 squid down the pan

yer quite surprised to see such PE only hours after an initial dose [001_smile.gif]
    cant wait to get some bak & AA in there too.

I believe the reason for it Dave is they all feed off each other,,then the coral snow acts as a carrier to keep it in suspension to make it all more accesible for filtration feeding

18. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cheers dude,,,my only remaining theory is that summat happened,,,,killed a lot of micro fauna, causing a semi crash, resulting in a strange cycle.
    starting adding bak & all other good things a gentle step towards building the substructure back up

19. robb1977

was using the bac with the snow to get rid of the cyano. Its nearly all gone now so won't get used again till i get round to gettin the food and the start. still toying with the idea of going zeo so may never end up buying the others plus all my spare pennies are going to Phil Hartley this month for the SRV.

20. screwloose

screwloose Registered

cool then :)...not sure when i can pop for it...they got me workin most days,,,unless your passing [wink.gif]

i will see you right with plenty of frags when it comes right [thumbup1.gif]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice