• Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

00nik00

Registered
Hi all , I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place but I'd like some advice on a female clownfish.
shes part of a pair Iv had for around 3 months and has been absolutely fine prior to yesterday when I noticed her hanging around under a rock with her mouth opening and closing faster than normal .
When I switched the lights off last night she proceeded to the usual sleeping spot at the top of the tank with the male clown .
today she isn't opening and closing her mouth as fast and looks normal but isn't eating , she's gone towards the food but not taken any that I can see .
all other fish are acting normal , eating fine and no signs of damage or distress .
tank parameters are all good but I did have my salinity creep up to 0.27 but I slowly corrected that ,I have a aqua one 275 with 50 litre sump
any help would be greatly appreciated

many thanks
nick

Attachments

• NMS_3268.jpg
    NMS_3268.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 324
  • NMS_3272.jpg
    NMS_3272.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 275

Phil077

Registered
Looks Fine to me. Don't be to critical when observing fish.
Just like us they have there off Days. Salinity looks ok, let it correct itself. thru water changes. Very best of luck :thumbup1:

00nik00

Registered
Thanks for the replies guys
Iv seen her eat so that's a relief but still hanging out in the same spot occasionally swimming around but looks ok

00nik00

Registered
She's absolutely fine now thanks for the concern .
I'm not sure if it was anything to do with mating as she swims into the palm of my hand and chews everytime I put my hand in the tank like she's warning me off