1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured End of an Era? ReefAddict

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by stevebibby, Dec 16, 2010.

1. stevebibby

stevebibby Registered

For those of you that haven't heard Mark Briggs aka ReefAddict's tank emptied last night via a leak in the back panel. He's devistated and has decided to sell up. Luckily he thinks most of his SPS have been saved and are currently in the care of one of our free advertisers.
    I know that some of you have not seen shall I put it eye to eye with one of our rival forums but he still has a lot of friends on here and I thought I should pass the word on.

Steve

2. Marine Life UK

Marine Life UK Registered

Thats not good sorry to hear it and also that he is selling up although I dont know him, I still wish him the best

3. Hazey

Hazey Registered

although Mark is Admin on another reef forum he is a gent & is one of the good guys.
    Marks tank was awesome that he dedicated so much time on. Such a sad loss & a week before Christmas too....
    Hope he gets over this & sets back up but for now he is selling everything
    Dave

4. Realist

Realist Registered

All the best to Mark and if I or anyone here can help please let him know Steve. This was Mark's tank, very sad.

[​IMG]

5. Ged

Ged Registered

I would wish him all the best and offer the hand of friendship and I echo the same as Chris Durkin has said. However I am banned, alas so I cannot do so over there.

I hate the politics that fish forums have and all the hatred etc, but there is more to life then falling out over fish and corals.

If he does read this, or someone reports back to him, the hand of friendship (and time to lose the attitudes between us and them, and them and us) is being offered out.

6. stevebibby

stevebibby Registered

Thanks guys I'll pass those comments on

7. Clearwater

Clearwater Registered

I hope he can get going again

he had a great tank, I am not far away
    If I can help I will

8. stevebibby

stevebibby Registered

No plans for the near future, selling all the livestock that lived and his equipment. I hope that given time he will start up as he has imspired and given help to a lot of members on here

9. fieldy132

fieldy132 Registered

im sure he will start up again..................such a loss

10. heller792

heller792 Registered

he is a great bloke and im really sorry this has happened to him. I hope he sticks around as hes a massive mentor to me.

Dave

11. heller792

heller792 Registered

ive sent mark a link to this page so i hope he gets to see it.

Dave

12. stevebibby

stevebibby Registered

Just has a message from Mark. He wishes to thank you all for you kind words and the offers of help. Forever the gent. He also said he's now having a break from reefing for a while, so reading between the lines we could hopefully see him back in the not too distant future, I hope so

13. Realist

Realist Registered

I have also sent the below to their admin email.

I just wanted to send a message to you Mark to say how sorry I am about the disaster you came down to this morning. I know the two forums have had many differences over the past 18 months, however I also know and understand how many people you have inspired to look at keeping SPS corals and upgrading to larger tanks and all the help you have given them along the way.

All admin and moderators on the forum are gutted for you and despite any ill feelings between the two sites I would like to offer any help I can if you need it as many others have.

I hope you don’t close down totally as it would be a waste of a talented reefer, but wish you all the best in whatever you decide.

Try pick yourself up dude and I hope your back soon.

All the best

Chris
    CDURKIN100

14. stevebibby

stevebibby Registered

Nice one Chris

15. heller792

heller792 Registered

nice one chris

16. Carlos

Carlos Registered

jesus totally gutted for Mark, you could not meet a a nicer guy TBH, he has always given top advise and i for one really hope he pulls through this and bounces back to the game. Chris all forums have had there little internal battles it happened with with the other one when I was running it with 3 others guys.

Carl

17. stevebibby

stevebibby Registered

Just had a long chat with Mark about a few things as he's selling off the livestock that lived. Unfortunatly it appears that all his SPS colonys didnt survive the trauma but his clams seem to be OK and he was on his way to have a look at them.
    The good news is that he's not giving up, from the sales he's already planning a downgrade to something smaller.

Steve

18. Hazey

Hazey Registered

Well that is good news, not that he's lost his SPS colonies but that he's keeping going

Dave

19. Clearwater

Clearwater Registered

Great to hear. Hope it works out for him

20. stevebibby

stevebibby Registered

I make no apolagies for restarting this thread up but after talking to Mark earlier today he pointed out that I had missed this, so thought I'd bring it back uo again.

http://www.thesaltybox.com/forum/coventry-aquatics/83848-its-nice-nice.html

It made me feel so proud of our communityBig Thumbs Up
    Robin and Chris didn't need to do this and it just goes to show that there are still some really great guys out there, who, as much as they are business's involved in our hobby they are prepared to put something back in and help out someone in this way.

Mark has been a personal friend/mentor/insperation of mine for as long as I can remember and to say he is overjoyed by this act would be an understatement.

Sorry to go on a bit but we are all to quick to start slagging someone off but never as quick for heaping praise on someone when it's due :clap:

Thanks again guys
    Steve

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice