1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Dosing

Discussion in 'Help and Advice' started by phil hunter, Jun 4, 2019.

1. phil hunter

phil hunter Registered

I'm going to give automatic dosing a go having just dosed reef roids and Kalkwasser manually for the past year . I have a mixed reef tank which is doing ok but could be better . I've bought a jeboa 4 pump doser and am considering using the Red Sea foundation programme which doses magnesium carbonate and calcium . Do/can I continue with Reef Roids and Kalkwasser or stop them ? any hints or tips most welcome I have a 600l display tank with a 75l sump underneath 2 skimmers as it's heavily stocked Chaeto and a UV . All my parameters are good but only my bubble tipped anemones are thriving . Any advice would be great .
    Much appreciated Phil

2. dinndenz32

dinndenz32 Registered

I use the same programme but I also dose the red sea coral colours to. I also dose acropower via my dosing pump. I still feed reef roids and various other coral foods(aquaforest mainly) and have had great results. Kalk wise I didnt get on with really so stopped and never had an issue since dosing so cant really comment on that. Hope my little input helps

3. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

i find that if i mix reef roids it settles out after a while and would only dose once or twice a week manually
    similarly with kalk as most prefer to use in a stirrer plus it adds alk and calcium so you are doubling up really
    and as the normally used up at differing rates i think its better to add individually
    i use fauna marin which i love apart from the magnesium which always clumps in the container

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice