1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured DIY OverFlow Pipe

Discussion in 'Tank Mods & DIY' started by donkey, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Colin

Colin Registered

I used 19mmm overflow pipe from B&Q with a 1200l/h pump and it was plenty big enough

2. bash144

bash144 Registered

Thanks guys super fast response aswell :) so I will get 19mm pipe tomorrow I will update u guys on my progress :)

3. bash144

bash144 Registered

Sorry guys some more dumb questions I cant find 19mm pioe anywhere I can find 21.5 mm on b and q website so gunna use that I take it I can get a flow valve there aswell.
    Also can I get the one way air thingy from my lfs and does the actual overflow piping need to go all the way ti the bottom of the tank or can I have it say half way down then back up if that makes sense :)

4. donkey

donkey Registered

I don't think the 19mm is on there site but i think they have it at there shops. Yes most LFS have air valves if not then eBay do. Its best to take it all the way down to the bottom with about a 30mm gap from the bottom. ScrewFix have the flow valve,I'm not sure if B&Q sell them.but you could try

5. bash144

bash144 Registered

Ok cool thanks alot for your help will update progress later :)

6. Neild

Neild Registered

I did this overflow back in 2013, still recommend it to people today! Thanks @donkey

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice