1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

WANTED Deltec Nitrate Reactor

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by carlowchris, May 31, 2019.

1. carlowchris

carlowchris Registered

Hi ya I'm looking for a deltec nitrate reactor,or maybe a aquamedic...just wondering if anyone has one there not using before I go buy one??

Thanks

2. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

Have you looked at the maxspect media

I put a box in my sump last week and nitrates have reduced from 25 to 20

3. carlowchris

carlowchris Registered

Looks good but I cant find too much info on forums from people about it actually dropping nitrates

I would be looking to replace the sponge in the nitrate reactor with some kind of media like this though,, I'd like some flow going through the media in a reactor, rather than just in a bag in the sump,i could use one of the reactors i have here but I'd also the the choice of being able to maybe dose vodka into the reactor if i choose to.
    But if those maxpect balls do all they claim to for 25 pound a kilo they look very good

4. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

Considering the size of my tank
    It’s a great improvement
    And no running costs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice