1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Deltec 501 Calcium Reactor Help

Discussion in 'Reefs' started by Steviej, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Steviej

Steviej Registered

Hi wondering if you guys can give me some help, I have a deltec pf501 reactor apparently good for 1000ltrs and I run it with arm extra course media and a williamson peri pump 30ml min, it’s running 24/7 and I can’t get my alks stable, I have my apex controlling the ph and turning the gas on at 6.2 and off at 6.0 so wanting to know what I could do to get this stable as my alk is at 5.5 Cala at 420 and mag at 1320 could the reactor be to small but my tank is only 500lts but quiet heavily stocked with sps or could the peri pump be to small in the out put side of things, would appreciate some tips and if anyone runs this reactor and pump to let me know how they run it cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. shady

shady Moderator Staff Member

Whats the KH of you effluent coming out of the reactor ??
    How much media have you got in it ?/
    How long has the media been in ??

I had the same one using the same media and it couldn't keep up with my kh demand so I got rid but when I took it apart I found most of my media ( although the reactor was full of it ) was almost hollow as if it was dissolving inside out , looked like I had load of media but didn't, still god rid an went dosing anyway

3. Steviej

Steviej Registered

Hi mate it’s been up and running only 8 weeks the media is up to the fill line, I checked the effluent after I posted this and it is only 15.5 was thinking maybe more Co2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. shady

shady Moderator Staff Member

Either more co2 or less water going through the peri pump , therefore a longer time of water spent in the reactor

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice