1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Dead Coral Is A Bed For My Regal Tang

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by Gareth Williams, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams Registered

Hello. I’ve had my 50 gallon evolution aqua for 13 months from early days I had a birds nest coral which I feel thrived for about 9 months then unfortunately it started to bleach and unable to work out why it slowly perished. I do a weekly water change and monthly parameter check for alk calc phosphate nitrate mag and ph I have a refractometer and salinity is 35 and specific gravity 1.026. The coral has acted as sleeping quaters for my beautiful regal tang since the day I put the coral in the tank my question is would it be detrimental to my water quality if I left the dead coral as a bed for my regal tang. By the way it’s not exactly an eyesore and doesn’t bother me the main concern is the wonderful fish. Any thoughts would be very appreciated many thanks Gareth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

If it’s dead it should affect your water quality

I doubt we will ever truly understand why the die

3. Gareth Williams

Gareth Williams Registered

Do you mean shouldn’t affect the water Jim ?? As you put should affect the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jim_fitz

jim_fitz Admin Staff Member

Sorry meant shouldn’t

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice