1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Dans red sea

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by dannydization, Jul 23, 2015.

1. nodster

nodster Registered

Morning dannydization with that reading of phos and the light probably why you have algae mate , but once in tank run some phosphate remover , I don't think your reading on phosphate is too bad to be honest , looks like its leaching from your live rock was the live rock from another tank IE old live rock ?

2. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Morning mate yh out was out an old tank but i have got 15kilo on order so may just wait for that then add accordingly thanks Dan

3. dannydization

dannydization Registered

ok so sky have managed to pull there fingers out there arses and get my internet up and running after i have used 20gb of mobile data on my mobile in 12 days ooooppps lol
    so reef link connected to the radions and vortech and what can i say WWOOWW!! :man_in_love:

also today i have brought all my sockets that i need and a couple extra as you never know stc1000 ordered coming together slowly just need to sort the situation out with the sump for running the triton method
    i have rough idea of how I'm going to have the sockets etc as i knocked the idea of someone on the triton forum oppps lol

4. dannydization

dannydization Registered

5. merser

merser Registered

Why do you need to cool your sump?

I've see people use that fan on the display but never the sump. My thinking is you need evaporation to get the cooling with a fan. You have better chance of evap on the display.

I've never had to worry about overheating as it stands. Appreciate others have.

6. dannydization

dannydization Registered

to help keep the temperature stable and one less piece off equipment on show? plus would struggle to fit one on the reefer 250 display plus isn't most temperature caused in the sump where most of the equipment is?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  7. merser

merser Registered

Cool. Worth a go if you need it cooling pal.

8. dannydization

dannydization Registered

I'm just fishing for advice??

9. merser

merser Registered

I understand mate. I've seen these exact ones used by people who have their tanks in warm rooms. As of yet mine has never gone above 27degrees so I have no option to cool. I've considered a chiller but they're a lot of money for a just in case scenario.

You could argue for the price it's worth having.

More experienced reefers may be able to offer better advice.

10. dannydization

dannydization Registered

ok cheers bud thats what I'm thinking for the price compared to a chiller for the incase scenario its a lot cheaper yh hopefully cheers mate

11. nodster

nodster Registered

I agree with merser mate I've not needed any cooling myself but for the price of those fans I suppose its a bit of peace of mind if you have them just in case

12. dannydization

dannydization Registered

ok cheers [MENTION=23241]nodster[/MENTION] do you manage to keep a constant temperature then?

13. dannydization

dannydization Registered

ok this build is going to be more long winded than i thought struggling to sort the sump out i have a design to go to now but need to get someone to do it for me

14. merser

merser Registered

You not do it yourself? Stanley blade and a bit of silicon! Haha

What's your plan?

15. dannydization

dannydization Registered

na man not confident enough lol got to take all glass out apart from the sides lol

16. merser

merser Registered

The sides?!! Wowzer. Just get a new sump made. Shouldn't be much

17. dannydization

dannydization Registered

side are staying this is the new layout drawn by someone on the triton forum

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. dannydization

dannydization Registered

breaking my heart to trash this sumo but bought the triton stuff now so no going bk :lol:

19. nodster

nodster Registered

My temp is stable fella it went up 1 degree when we had that hot spell so no biggy there , good luck with the sump conversion must admit though id go get a sump made to your spec , then if you ever upgrade and want to sell tank you've still got the original

20. merser

merser Registered

Agreed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice