1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Dans red sea

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by dannydization, Jul 23, 2015.

1. nodster

nodster Registered

Yes mate and my trip to burscough tomorrow is still on , thinking that your free ro water may be getting in my head :clap:

2. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Lol cheers [MENTION=23241]nodster[/MENTION] & [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] ok done the 5 tests today.

Ph 7.8
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate 0.5
    Ammonia <0.25
    Phosphate 1.10!!!!

Cannot seem to get the phosphate down!!! Have been dosing nopox and feeding a flake of food every other day like three days !!

Ok wanted to go LFS today to get a little more clean up crew and a couple fish to try brimg the clown outta his corner what you guys think?

3. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Is it possible that phos is coming from your rocks ? Time for a reactor if you don't have already.

4. dannydization

dannydization Registered

not sure [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] but I have been having the phos issue while now and been dosing NOPOX and running rowa phos in reactor

5. nodster

nodster Registered

Can't remember if you got the live rock second hand or not , looks like as [MENTION=22835]CEECH[/MENTION] says your rock is leaching phos mate , try phosguard mate no need for reactor and really does down the phosphates but if rocks are leaching it will take some time to get rid of it

6. nodster

nodster Registered

Oh id add a fish or two to try and help but I think its made its home in that corner it has to think theres a better place to dwell before it will move , ie corals that they will host could tempt it Big Thumbs Up but try less shy fish it may get confidence up , also clowns are better in pairs , ok don't have to spend a fortune on a clown just a standard one will do

7. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Ok cheers rock added first was about 10kg from my nano the rest is brand new real reef rock

8. nodster

nodster Registered

Well its not the real reef rock mate as I've got that must be from your rock from nano , choices are phosphate reactor with rowaphos or phosguard in a filter bag , I would put the old rock in a fresh batch of salted water and put a bit flow through it in a tub and test it for phosphate after a few days or so , this will tell you if its your old rock that is leaching or not , if it is I would throw it to be honest

9. hillie

hillie Registered

aw, sympathies :rolleyes: I would like to blame it on Winter ..................but it's all so bloody frustrating! we try our best............

10. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Cheers guys ok i was thinking a little tank mate for him ie a clown not a picasso though lol and a couple other like flame fire fish or dart fish

11. Fishpalace

Fishpalace Registered

Another clown sounds like a good idea to keep it company.. Would go easy on adding more to +1 clown as water parameters need to settle and additional fish could add more to bioload, when you are trying to bring it down.

12. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Ok cheers mate

13. CEECH

CEECH Registered

Agree with Nodster above. If it's your rock. It's better to find out now. Normal clown pair is fine. I am sure your pet store can get you another to make a pair or do some trade.

14. sandyzoo

sandyzoo Registered

Did you get any new additions Dan?

15. dannydization

dannydization Registered

cheers guys ok no i never managed to get up there as i had a mad weekend sorting issues out withy phone but WILL with the capital W be going this weekend people ok i have notice like a heard of whit spots on the class and don't really move if i know them with the glass cleaner the wiggle around the glass any idea what they could be?

TIA

16. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Ok a couple new additions

2x Mexican turbos
    5x astreas
    1x cleaner
    2x anthias

Good side while i was out my partner txt me PINK FISH!!!!!!! and sent a pic and the picasso out of his corner swimming with them
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449396992.992091.jpg
    Anthias are hiding some where

Now im a little concerned about casper the goby i havent seen him for a day or two and his home under the rock has now filled in

17. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Oh and this as its stronger than rowa ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449399118.331632.jpg

18. dannydization

dannydization Registered

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449409649.694876.jpg

One has come out

19. nodster

nodster Registered

Give them time fella they'll be out and about soon enough Big Thumbs Up

20. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Just realised how **** that pic is lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice