1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured Dans red sea

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks (31-100gal)' started by dannydization, Jul 23, 2015.

1. dannydization

dannydization Registered

ok cheers mate

2. dannydization

dannydization Registered

ok not yet wet sorry

FTS
    [​IMG][/URL]

FTS with lights
    [​IMG][/URL]

FTS with lights and diy cover
    [​IMG][/URL]

Sump
    [​IMG][/URL]

3. nodster

nodster Registered

Come on mate we need some water in fella at least a splash , just don't go as far as merser like to go Hysterical

4. dannydization

dannydization Registered

lol i wont or i better not as the mrs will kill me as it will be the living room flooded lol I'm trying to get it wet lol don't worry

5. Clothahump

Clothahump Registered

Hi Dan

Looking good you are ahead of me just starting to put my first tank together will be watching to see how this progresses.

Regards

Mark

6. dannydization

dannydization Registered

hi mark thanks for coming along to have a look I'm hopefully going to get it filled today have you started a diary? thanks Dan

7. dannydization

dannydization Registered

For you [MENTION=23241]nodster[/MENTION][​IMG]

8. nodster

nodster Registered

Ha ha thanks dannydization there be water in there

9. dannydization

dannydization Registered

lol [MENTION=23241]nodster[/MENTION] ive had to hold fire because I'm worried about the tank tilting forward

10. dannydization

dannydization Registered

11. nodster

nodster Registered

Nice one mate just couldn't bring myself to pay out for Hanna , yes I felt same with tilt forward but I kept spirit level on while filling and lucky for me It didn't move , I did have to shim the front before hand to level it out .

12. merser

merser Registered

Love the hannas

13. nodster

nodster Registered

Don't get me wrong they look the biz and you do get what you pay for merser ,its just me nice cheap salifert kit coz I'm as tight as a ducks a....

14. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Hysterical tight as a ducks ar** lol yh they are expensive but very clever and good i have been checking it with the spirit level i dontknow what to do as i don't want to keep filling tun to find the last bit of whiter sends it out and then need to drain and move

15. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Ok sand and more water in not sure if its to much sand ? [​IMG]

16. nodster

nodster Registered

Soon be caught upto me dannydization looks to be a lot of sand at front also have you got black egg crate at the back ? looks like main tank nearly there mate , is it just ro or have you already premixed with salt ?

17. dannydization

dannydization Registered

Cheers [MENTION=23241]nodster[/MENTION] i was thinking it looks like a lot of sand i bought a 25kg bag and said to myself i will pour gently and see what it looks like but didnt quite go to plan lol with a big plop the hole bag was in yh i have black egg crate in the to sit the rock on and its just ro at the moment going to add salt when i can get heater powered up plugged both radions and vortechs in not sure if its because there is nothing else on in the living room but these quiet drives ain't all that quiet

18. nodster

nodster Registered

Wait till you get all pumps going mate , you do get used to sound though , my cheap led fitments I just turned them down just enough so fans don't turn on Big Thumbs Up I did the egg crate with last tank wasn't impressed think sand can't be turned over by snails if sand trapped in crate , I put 25 kg in my 350 and I've bout 1 to 2 inch coverage so you must be quite deep in your 250 , wait for the cloudy tank when adding salt , maybe clear in a few days same happened to mine

19. dannydization

dannydization Registered

cheers bud with regards to the egg crate its not like the loads of little squares its a rectangular platform with slots in and has six legs so still sand below the crate plus I'm hoping to only have the egg crate where the rock will be sitting so snails won't be able to turn it over here anyway thats my theory lol salt is in and its clearing already with the two vortices on full power lol but got a feeling this is going to stop here for a week or so now to have this feeling :012:

20. merser

merser Registered

Why have you got the pumps on ? No point really till you salt it. Even then I'd just use the return otherwise it will take forever to settle.

Noise wise wait for the lights! Hahaha

What's your thinking with the egg crate? Bad news IMO. Creates areas that just fester. There are other creatures / bacteria that work the sand. I always feel it will restrict the 'live' nature of the sand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice