1. Welcome to The Salty Box, a forum to discuss everything related to Marine & Reef Fish keeping in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in discussions with others.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon

Dismiss Notice

Featured damn royal mail

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by screwloose, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Marksfish

Marksfish Registered

Just reading this, I have to say it isn't just RM that is a problem. I had some stuff delivered to my Wife's work, 24 hour security manned at all times, for delivery yesterday. Checked tracking info with APC and it arrived in depot at 0530 for delivery before 1600. Checked tracking again at 1600, still said in depot!! Checked this morning at 0400 before I went to Scotland, info had been updated to "Closed- carded" at 1600 the previous day, the place doesn't close!! Methinks the courier ran out of time as it was delivered a 0900 this morning and funnily enough, no-one found any card!!! Luckily, it was only dry goods.

2. screwloose

screwloose Registered

i am just glad everything lived :dance:

3. mrbluefox

mrbluefox Registered

Maybe it's just me getting bitter and old, but this stuff makes my blood boil.

Yes it's only a parcel and (providing it's not perishable) it'll be fine the next day, it's just the attitude of some people who "leave closed cards" when it's utter BS. You pay for a service then you should damn get one.

And there's never any "we sent it to the wrong depot" or "we ran out of time" updates on the frigging tracking service. And then the call-centre moron wonders why you're pi$$y. I'm always professional, but as a representative for a company, you can give whoever you like the bo!!ocking.

/rant over.

Glad your frags got there ok in the end dude.

(I have no qualms with the odd instance of things becoming mislaid - these companies handle a LOT of boxes every day, but I do take issue with their ignorance towards it all when they do get it wrong)

/rant over...promise

4. screwloose

screwloose Registered

i am sure the delivery guy said he was sorry for it being a day late....and explained to Jaye that it had gone via romford...etc

yer probably not

:laughing:

5. Herb

Herb Registered

I was supposed to have some wine delivered on Monday, I get a box every month - normally they leave it in the hallway (I live in a flat), or in the green bin, which is fine.

This time they left a card, and told me they'd dropped at a post office - that is 30 minutes walk away - I don't drive, but luckily had a works car. When I got to the post office - it had been closed down months ago! Fuming.

6. mrbluefox

mrbluefox Registered

And now Postie Pat is getting sloshed on free wine! Winner.

W*****s (incidentally this isn't a one-man crusade against the mail delivery system in this country - it's more a swipe at lazy, thieving buggers)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice